Subject: Rules questions: Amyitis expansion - Craft power. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Károly Dudás
Hungary
Szigetszentmiklós
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player selects this power. When can he use it? I know: during the next action phase, but can he use together with his normal action? Or is it a simple action (instead of a normal action)?
Where can he choose a character? From the table or from all characters (except Noble)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
As stated in the rules, it in the next action phase.

He can't use it together with a normal action, he just do the craft action whenever he wants.

Of course the character is not taken from the table. The player can choose any role and use it.

Regards,
Cyril
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Károly Dudás
Hungary
Szigetszentmiklós
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave DiMaio
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Cyril,
I'm still a little uncertain about the craft power,
Can I perform this action
Quote:
he just do the craft action whenever he wants.
emphasis on 'whenever', possibly before the start player takes his/her first action
OR
Do I have to wait until my turn to make 1 of 4 choices:?

A) Pass
B) Recuit
C) Move the Caravan
D) Activate the Craft Power

Thanks
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same question tonight. The craft power says:
Quote:
"The player who selects this power can recruit 1 character of their choice during the next action phase. The player consequently takes action associated with the chosen Craft before the next player plays."

The Palace phase comes just before the action phase. The way this reads reads, you must take your action BEFORE the first player acts.

Is this correct? Do you get an extra action before any other player acts in the action phase?
And if so, isn't that a little beefy compared to the other powers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave DiMaio
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The way this reads reads, you must take your action BEFORE the first player acts.

This is the way we played it and it didn't "feel" right, but by the time we questioned how we were playing, we were a couple of rounds into the game, so we played it out the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
No no, you must take it during the next action phase, and during your turn.

Anytime, instead of recruiting a normal card (or moving the caravan, you may use this power). Then the next player plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave DiMaio
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Judy
United States
Cottonwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, to sum up: the craft power must be played as your 1st action. So you cannot move the caravan as your 1st action? Right? The only real advantage of this card would be to allow you to use a craft that might not be showing when it is your turn, or it can save you a talent if it is in a row with a coin showing.

So, in a four player game, if you are 1st to move, most likely the craft power doesn't really do much for you.

Could you ignore the power and turn a card anyway so others can't use it, or do you have to use the craft power?

Thanks in advance for your responses....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave DiMaio
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you missed a word there...It's... during your 'next action PHASE' meaning anytime its your turn before you PASS you take a free craft action.
Hope I got that right, cuz that's how we play now and it seems to be right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikEvaD wrote:
I think you missed a word there...It's... during your 'next action PHASE' meaning anytime its your turn before you PASS you take a free craft action.
Hope I got that right, cuz that's how we play now and it seems to be right.

Ah yes, that's what I was missing - the "next Action Phase" (Phase II) is the whole sequence before you go to Phase III (End of the Round). This does not mean "the player's next turn."

This makes sense to me now. The player with the Craft Power can take a free recruitment action at any point during the Action Phase (on their turn), which could be any turn they take until they pass.

Thanks Dave!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.