Patrick Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just investigating having the haloless boards properly printed and mounted and was wondering if I should be printing them 30% bigger?

Are the overlays included in some other sets printed 30% bigger or at the original BOH size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
why 30% bigger? The overlays are not bigger - perhaps someone gave you some wrong info.

I printed them at 100% and glued them on the backsides of the original maps - looks great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/334525

is what caused me to question the scale. I couldn't tell if he's just printed them himself or if everything from the reprint up uses bigger boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nope - everything's the same scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thats great, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran out to Staples earlier today, and had the halo-less maps printed on 65lb cardstock...I would have preferred 110, but they didn't have any that big. The maps came out quite a bit bigger than the mounted maps that come with the game, though. They look great, and the bigger size makes it much easier to see underlying terrain. I guess the only hassle will be if/when I need to combine these maps with some from another module. BTW, they charged me $1.09 per map

It looks like the maps will come out bigger if you just have them printed w/o some form of scaling, so I guess my experience sorta confirms the "30% bigger" reference in the other thread.

I also had the desert map from the latest Line of Fire printed out on the same cardstock, and then mounted on foamcore for an extra $5. It's sweet! I'm going to head back in a few days and have all the stand alone maps I've gotten from other issues of LoF done the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.