BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: What do you think? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bozza boy
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Game i thought of. made a basic mock up and now me and my freind started playing. works well. Theme is vampyres werewolves and humans fighting on a tile based grid map. contains character creation and developement. small skirmishes against either other players or npc players controled by a dm. ive written equipment lists and racial bonuses to leveling up.

Any ideas on how i would create a professional looking box, minatures (not painted) and a good looking set of tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG first!

Then, before thinking of any "better" components, play it:
- often and often and change everything you sometimes feel or think of not being perfect. And:
- let it play by friends and people who do not know you, too. Listen to them and their opinion, but don`t follow them in every detail.

Good luck and let us hear more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Same opinion as the others:

Play it! Time how long different parts of the game take. Change the game so that it runs more smoothly and faster. Simplify. Drop details.

Is it fun? It should be fun even without nice pieces and equipment. If it isn't fun with cardboard with no artwork, then the artwork will not help.

Get others to play it. Get people that you don't know to play it when you are not around then comment on it. Find out what parts ofthe game they like and what parts they don't like. Make changes so that more time is spent doing the fun things and less doing the not so fun things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hutchings
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i) You might find paper/cardboard figures cheaper and easier than plastic or metal ones.

ii) Have a look at this online game design course: http://gamedesignconcepts.wordpress.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.