6 Posts

Brass: Lancashire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about negative income payment. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
mbmbmbmb
I need clarification about one thing.

If a player has a negative income and need to pay at the beginning of a turn, where does the payment go? To the bank or to the Amount Spent box?

Page 3: ...If your income level is negative then you have to pay that amount into the bank...

Page 6 , Ref. section: Amount Spent Boxes You must place ALL of the money you spend during your turn in your Amount Spent box. You spend money when you build an Industry counter or take a cube from the Coal or Iron Demand tracks or build a link.

Based on these two pieces of text from the rulebook, I think the payment for negative income should go direct to the bank and not to the Amount Spent box. My reasoning is that the bank is specifically mentioned on page three and negative income payment isn't listed on page 6. What's the official answer to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joakim,
That amount goes to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, payment goes to the Bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
The important thing to rememeber is that the income "phase" is not done as part of your "turn".... income is done for *everyone* before anyone plays any cards that round. That's important because it means anyone who plays cards before you that round that results in any of your tile(s) flipping over and thus increasing your income level won't affect you (as far as income goes) til the next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Brown
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my rulebook it says:

Quote:
If your income level is negative then you have to pay that amount to the bank. (This is the only time that money you pay goes directly into the bank instead of into your Amount Spent box.)

Despite the poor grammar, it's pretty clear. The parenthetical may be a 2nd edition addition. laugh

Edit: Typo in the quote? Ack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
discoking7 wrote:
In my rulebook it says:

Quote:
If you income level is negative then you have to pay that amount to the bank. (This is the only time that money you pay goes directly into the bank instead of into your Amount Spent box.)

Despite the poor grammar, it's pretty clear. The parenthetical may be a 2nd edition addition. laugh

Yes, that's a 2nd edition addition. It's clear that my interpretation is the correct one. Thanks to all of you who answered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.