Popular Tags: [View All]
Djali
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hakuna
badge
Matata
mb
Our first game of Space Hulk! We were very excited cause we read so many positive reviews and great sessions. We made a pot of tea, put Arctic Monkeys Humbug on and started with great enthusiasm.
By the time we got through the rules, the pot was empty and the music had ended. How I love these simple games!
RioT was reading and explaining the rules while I (Djali) was investigating the models. Then he got to the part about attacking...
I interrupted "So the blue ones are like jedi and they can only do melee attack, and the red ones are like storm troopers with blasters."
RioT smiled. "It's a bit more complicated" he said.
And indeed, it was...

First game: RioT started with the Space Marines and I started with those ugly looking aliens.
Sorry guys, I don't know which Marines he played with. Learning their names is on my to-do list.
I completely messed up my first game and gave him a free passage to that launch control room. Somehow I got confused about the blips and models and the part about not moving into line of sight. This made me lurk and waiting in side corridors. Only by the end of the game I took the rulebook cause I got quite sure that I was doing something wrong. But by then it was too late. RioT had already come too close to the launch control room and I couldn't stop him anymore. With one last action he walked straight to the door, opened it and finished the game with a nice flame of fire!
I still took out 4 of his man, but wasn't quick enough to get those last two heroes.
RioT actually played a good game. He left one of his marines behind at the first room which tempted me to also go in over there with some genestealers. This way he had less of them to face in the long corridors towards the control room. That in combination with me not getting the movement rules, got him to victory easily!

end of our first game

Second game: Now I played the Space Marines and RioT the genestealers.
RioT brought in all his genestealers at the far right straight into the long corridors and put some of them in front of the launch control room. I slowly marched up there...
I thought I was being smart by putting my man on overwatch each time, but I think I spent to many points on overwatch instead of moving forward. This second game took longer than the first and each turn RioT could bring in more of those awful creatures. I made it close to the control room with 3 of my man, but the genestealers were too numerous. RioT brought in some more fricking aliens from the entry right across the door to the control room and with another genestealer he walked around the corner to walk up to me sideways. Now he had me completely surrounded. He attacked and my man got slaughtered...
I also should have used that heavy flamer more. With six shots I had enough to kill some of those ugly bastards, but I was blocking my own guy.

just before I got attacked sideways and my heavy flamer guy got killed in the back

So yeah, I lost twice, but I still have to admit: I really like this game!!
Can't wait for the next mission!

Greetz,
Djali
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Melbourne
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While it shouldn't become a habit (losing), having a great time in spite of a loss is the mark of a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
How can you NOT win Mission 1 when playing Genestealer hivemind? This mission is a true suicide for the Marines. I only managed to "see" the final door once with the Flamer Terminator. All the other attempts failed even more miserably
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Djali
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hakuna
badge
Matata
mb
tocoking wrote:
How can you NOT win Mission 1 when playing Genestealer hivemind? This mission is a true suicide for the Marines. I only managed to "see" the final door once with the Flamer Terminator. All the other attempts failed even more miserably

Duh, I'm female
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.