David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
It has finally happened and I actually feel quite good about it.
For those of you who have not been playing close attention to my collection over the last few years - and I know there are a few of you - I think I should point out that over the last two weeks my collection has DECREASED from 848 down to 830.

Yes! Decreased!

Don't worry - I'm okay. Feeling quite fine actually.

I actually have purchased a couple of new games during the last two weeks but I have reduced the number of games in my collection.

Some of you must be wondering why and how.

I'll start with why. 848 was too many - yes! Too many! Some of the games were just taking up space and were not likely to be played in this lifetime. Life is too short to have to drink bad coffee - its also to short to play games that are not a lot of fun.

I've sold some on eBay. I have sold some on BGG. I have even given some away.

It wasn't hard at all.

As a bonus, with the money I am receiving for selling the games I am now buying clothes and food for my wife and family. I know that some of you may be thinking, "I seen what they wear and I've seen what they eat - it can't cost very much." I think those sort of thoughts are very hurtful.

The question foremost in my mind is will it be harder to get the collection down to 800 than it was to build it up to that number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gudjon Torfi Sigurdsson
Iceland
Isafjordur
Isafjardarbaer
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: I'm Alright! Really....
I'm proud of you.

If you're having problem with the 30 games over 800, just ask me for my address.

Cheers,
Gudjon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard von Gunten
Switzerland
Täuffelen
Bern
flag msg tools
3B RULEZ
badge
3B RULEZ
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to go!

I'm currently staying at "only" 150 but also started thinking about bringing more "quality" to the collection.

But unlike you I can't imagine that it won't hurt to give away some (by me) lower rated games :-/

Why not think about that again when I hit 200? ;-)

Greetings from Switzerland,

3b
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
bvongunten wrote:
Way to go!

I'm currently staying at "only" 150 but also started thinking about bringing more "quality" to the collection.

But unlike you I can't imagine that it won't hurt to give away some (by me) lower rated games :-/

Why not think about that again when I hit 200? ;-)

Greetings from Switzerland,

3b

I hope you manage to live that long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools

I'm winding my way from 1830 all the way to March and April, 1835- in rail-game product months, that's almost 800.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Lockwood
Australia
Blacktown
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
It has finally happened and I actually feel quite good about it.
For those of you who have not been playing close attention to my collection over the last few years - and I know there are a few of you - I think I should point out that over the last two weeks my collection has DECREASED from 848 down to 830.

Crickey! I wish I could do that. I truely have some crap games that I will never play. I just can't seem to let them go....and I don't even know why. Mind you I'm only up to 628 by comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My crap games get traded away in Math Trades. One man's crap and all that.

As a side note, my games in Math Trades are all of the highest quality and super fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.