Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Guillotine» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A newbie and her son rendering justice to those cruel and vicious nobles! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What did we learn about the French Revolution? It was based on the idea of the Enlightment. The French Revolution tried to lead France into a new phase of social and economic development. Such changes in history always seem to cost lives. The French Revolution had different phases according to which social strata had the upper hand and which leaders were done away with. One day you could be a leader and the other day you could just as well be beheaded.

Well, I know this is a much simplified version of the influential French Revolution, but this picture is in line with the card game, Guillotine.

With my younger son we had already played it several times and he loves it. Here is how he is getting familiar with the cards.

On Saturday night my older son asked me to play Guillotine with him. He had not played it before and wanted to try it. I and my son took on the role of a mob and decided to render justice to those vicious and ill willed nobles who had been torturing us, ordinary and hard working peasants and merchants for centuries. They all deserved what they got!

We made them stand in twelve in front of the Guillotine (they were all wearing their elegant and very expensive clothes that had been paid on our expense, of course.) As they were standing waiting for their fate to come I and my son were discussing whom to persecute first and then what order we then should procede with the rest of the nobles.
Of course, he did not want to deal with that lady!

Naturally, all the nobles were begging for their life but we did not give in. We had special cards with us to decide abut the order of persecution. To cap it all, I and my son were also competing as to whether he or I was able to persecute more worthy nobles. My son was very determined to get the most worthy nobles beheaded. For this goal he used several vicious cards of his: For example he used public demand or mass confusion to change nobles for his liking. Not only that, but he dared to rearrange the first five nobles in line! I mean, we had the same goal - that is to have them all beheaded - , but my son just became to greedy to get the most prestigious nobles for himself!

Hm, I had my turns as well. I used my ever present political influence to get those nobles beheaded whom I wanted to see first dead. I have to admit that more than once I pushed nobles forward and I even used a fainting spell to move a noble backward up to 3 places in line! But considering how much harm they had caused us for centuries they could deal with a little pushing and shuffling around.
On the second day of the execution my son accidently allowed Scarlet Pimpernel broke in the prison yard where the executions took place. It meant, that on that day we could not execute 12 nobles but only 5. That meant a short day for us and an extra day in the live of the nobles. But their well deserved fate was waiting for them!

On the third day we mercilessly executed all the twelve; again we pushed and stumbled the nobles. Once my son had to deal with lack of support which meant his persecuting actions got restricted for a short time. I saw a fountain of blood when my nobles were beheaded and this sight secured my victory over my opponent.

All in all, we were both determined to do away with those harmful and cruel nobles and we accomplished more or less to what we were committed to do. We purged the Great Revolution and enabled it to continue on its influential journey. Hopefully, next time it will not be the mob who will render justice to members of the mob!

The final result: Mum: 44 points My son: 42
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Martin
England
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
judoka wrote:
But considering how much harm they had caused us for centuries they could deal with a little pushing and shuffling around.

Quite right, comrade! Forward the Revolution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, Sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reiners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But what about the piss boy? He's not noble and in fact spends his life walking around with a bucket to noblemen so that they can pee into the bucket, which sounds very dehumanizing. After a life (albeit a short one since he is still a boy after all) of mistreatment he is to be as ill served as those nobles who peed in his bucket? What is his crime? Why must he die? Youd think he'd be spared the guillotine, but no, he must die like all the others.
I ask you, is that Justice?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the piss boy. I see your point, comrade. However, as you might know each great revolution had to have some unnecessary and innocent life wasted. Very sad, but look at the bigger picture! Then, you will see the proper place of the poor piss boy. That is all I can say, I am afraid. Great Revolutions always override Justice to certain extent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Martin
England
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
everlong205 wrote:
But what about the piss boy? He's not noble and in fact spends his life walking around with a bucket to noblemen so that they can pee into the bucket, which sounds very dehumanizing. After a life (albeit a short one since he is still a boy after all) of mistreatment he is to be as ill served as those nobles who peed in his bucket? What is his crime? Why must he die? Youd think he'd be spared the guillotine, but no, he must die like all the others.
I ask you, is that Justice?!?

Running dog lackeys of the imperialist swine will be shown no mercy!

I find your love of the class traitors disturbing - perhaps you should have a chat with my friend, Madame Guillotine...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
perhaps you should have a chat with my friend, Madame Guillotine...

Well said, comrade! I am ready for a chat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.