Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Axis & Allies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ship attack and retreat/move all in combat move (A&A Revised Edition) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
marcus jones
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi,

Can I move a battleship one space, then attack a destroyer, then move back or forward one more space:

a) where the destroyer is sunk?

b) or where the destroyer survives the attack?

Another Question:

Can a UK battleship in sea zone 6 conduct bombardment on Norway just before a UK transport ship in sea zone 3 conducts an amphibious assult on Norway? Or do they both have to be in the same sea zone, ie. sz 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
Must resist M:tG. Boardgames are my methadone :)
mbmbmbmbmb
maj33 wrote:
Hi,

Can I move a battleship one space, then attack a destroyer, then move back or forward one more space:

Except aircraft (that may have to land) no units that move during combat movement may move during non-combat movement.

maj33 wrote:

Another Question:

Can a UK battleship in sea zone 6 conduct bombardment on Norway just before a UK transport ship in sea zone 3 conducts an amphibious assult on Norway? Or do they both have to be in the same sea zone, ie. sz 3?

I'm not sure on this one, but I think they have to be in the sames sea zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ozimek wrote:
maj33 wrote:
Hi,

Except aircraft (that may have to land) no units that move during combat movement may move during non-combat movement.

You're partially correct, Ozimek. Actually, not even air units can move in both combat and noncombat movement. Air units that move in combat movement land immediately after their respective combats, not during noncombat movement. Only units that did not move in combat movement and did not participate in combat may move in noncombat movement.

ozimek wrote:
maj33 wrote:

Another Question:

I'm not sure on this one, but I think they have to be in the sames sea zone.

You're right. A battleship must be in the same sea zone as at least one assaulting transport in order to support the assault.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krieghund wrote:
ozimek wrote:
maj33 wrote:
Hi,

You're partially correct, Ozimek. Actually, not even air units can move in both combat and noncombat movement. Air units that move in combat movement land immediately after their respective combats, not during noncombat movement. Only units that did not move in combat movement and did not participate in combat may move in noncombat movement.

Thanks for clarifying that, but is there any practical difference? We always land aircraft and make non-combat movement simultaneously. Perhaps there is a diffenrece in aircraft - carrier interaction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only real practical difference is that when you land planes immediately after their specific battle, you don't yet know how the rest of your battles will turn out. As a result, you may make some moves differently than you would have based on the results of those battles. This makes deciding the order of battle resolutions a little more interesting.

As a side note, the on-line version of the game does it the same way that you do. Air units return from battle during noncombat movement rather than after their individual battles. The Anniversary and 1942 Editions also work this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Ozimek
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krieghund wrote:
The only real practical difference is that when you land planes immediately after their specific battle, you don't yet know how the rest of your battles will turn out. As a result, you may make some moves differently than you would have based on the results of those battles. This makes deciding the order of battle resolutions a little more interesting.

As a side note, the on-line version of the game does it the same way that you do. Air units return from battle during noncombat movement rather than after their individual battles. The Anniversary and 1942 Editions also work this way.

Ahh ok. We always play AA50. I just assumed that that specific rule was was the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.