Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943» Forums » General

Subject: How to organize the box/counters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Goodman
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
There's alot of counters and little space to organize them in or even keep them from becoming a random jumble. What solutions are people using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Goodman
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Do they fit inside the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fortune
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used little plastic baggies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noblejohn wrote:
I used little plastic baggies.

I also use this, and prefer it to counter trays (which I used in Awakening the Bear.) It's easy to find specific counters in plastic baggies without dumping everything out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Carlton
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cut out a little extra 'wall' from the hills sprue to split up the small card board divider to keep the Russian & German counters apart. I then baggied the regular game tokens,

It's not ideal but it works for now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give me a few days to get this finished and photographed, and you'll be drooling. I created cardboard divisions in the space where, in my AtB box, I slipped the craftmate caddy. I'll be labeling each division (too much time on my hands...) and will get everything except the hit counters in them. The Germans take up 4 divisions (~21 counters in each, likewise the Soviets.)

Of course, if the Wehrmacht hadn't had quite so many different armored combat vehicles at that point in the war (and if Uwe hadn't read up on them), I could have got away with a craftmate box or a few matchboxes.

I need to carve out some time for actual playing.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the total number of counters in SOS? I have ATB and managed to get all the counters (except the hit markers) in a craftmate container.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just 'threw' my counters in one 'large' and one 'medium' Craftmate tray, a GMT counter tray and two snack size ziplocks. The cards are sleeved and in two snack sized ziplocks (they do not fit in their 'original slot' when sleeved).

I am not satisfied with this arrangement as it will not be easy to find all counters easily. I need to play it a few times to figure out if there is a better way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,
I picked up a 30 compartment organizer n the bead/jewelery section of Micheal's craft store for 11.00 approx, and I had a 50% 0ff one item coupon so I got it for about 6 bucks after taxes. it holds all the counters and the Dice. I had to double up some like units, like the panzer variants, and the Russian maxim and SMG units are in the same one. It is a slight bit too big for the box to close completely, but it makes all the set up that much easier.
I was going to order the GMT trays, but they will have to wait for my next p500 order to go ahead and I'll add them in then.
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.