Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I've just got confirmation from my publisher, a small expansion for Nefertiti will be available at Essen fair including:
- 7 new characters (you place the scribes / merchants + 6 additionnal characters at random, or according to a suggested configuration)
- a new place (the port of Memphis) where you can collect gifts coming from foreign countries: these gifts will increase the value of collections; Memphis can be played from 2 to 4 players optionnally, and 5 players mandatory.
- rules for 2 players (with a new type of pawn, the Tutor) and 5 players (with additionnal debens and seals, and a new type of gift with fixed value).

Hope people enjoying the base game will enjoy this expansion as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[grumble]. Well, I'll be sure to pile this on top of the other expansions I'm considering getting.

A 2p variant sounds neat, even if it turns out to be not that practical for my case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osidarta wrote:
Since I've just got confirmation from my publisher, a small expansion for Nefertiti will be available at Essen fair including:
- 7 new characters (you place the scribes / merchants + 6 additionnal characters at random, or according to a suggested configuration)
- a new place (the port of Memphis) where you can collect gifts coming from foreign countries: these gifts will increase the value of collections; Memphis can be played from 2 to 4 players optionnally, and 5 players mandatory.
- rules for 2 players (with a new type of pawn, the Tutor) and 5 players (with additionnal debens and seals, and a new type of gift with fixed value).

Hope people enjoying the base game will enjoy this expansion as well!

Will this expansion be available for sale later through on-line shops or it is an Essen exclusive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
Will this expansion be available for sale later through on-line shops or it is an Essen exclusive?

Not an Essen exclusive, and normally 2 weeks after Essen in shops (middle of November) in Europe (so 5-6 weeks later - middle of December - for US?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Osidarta wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

Not an Essen exclusive, and normally 2 weeks after Essen in shops (middle of November) in Europe (so 5-6 weeks later - middle of December - for US?).

I just get the information that it will be postponed for at least a month, so I keep you informed as soon as I know more. Sorry for the delay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
Good to hear there is a two player expansion coming. I have the game at home, but don't get to play it often because of the 3 player state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osidarta wrote:
Osidarta wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

I just get the information that it will be postponed for at least a month, so I keep you informed as soon as I know more. Sorry for the delay!

I guess that the misprinted cards will be corrected. That's why it is delayed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
Osidarta wrote:
Osidarta wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

?? This from some dry run of the expansion or was this in the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
GeoMan wrote:
Osidarta wrote:
Osidarta wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

?? This from some dry run of the expansion or was this in the base game?

The expansion that was released in Essen had some misprinted cards:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/464318

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas, Is there any update on US release? online purchase/availability?

2 player official is something I am looking forward to as I can see it getting played frequently.

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cauet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lengthtoavoid wrote:
Thomas, Is there any update on US release? online purchase/availability?

2 player official is something I am looking forward to as I can see it getting played frequently.

thanks!

Honestly I can't tell you when it will be available in US, normally soon since it was available in France mid-January (and around one month shift for US release usually).

2 players rules:

Despite having a different color, the 4 Tutors (split between the 2 players) represent a "neutral" player. This player has no money, but will eventually collect gifts or split Deben between the various markets.

Setup

Setup remains the same as a 4-player game except for the following:
- Remove the Scribe +3 character card and a Scribe +2 card.
- Each player takes 4 Servants of his color (Red or Black) plus 2 Tutors of the same color.
- The 8 Senet cards are left in the box.
- The first player takes 10 Deben, the second 11 Deben.

The Course of the Game

After having placed his Servant (and after the possible closing of a market due to that placement), a player can also place one of his Tutors:

- The player cannot place a Tutor on the market where he has just placed his Servant (or both his Servants when using the High Priest).

- A Tutor can never make the best offer for the market where he has been placed (if there are no Servants on a market no Tutors can be in that market).

When a market closes (or when foreign gifts are attributed in Memphis), when a player must remove one of his Tutors, he can:

- Either take 3 Deben from the reserve of that market (4 Deben if you are playing with the Port of Memphis), to distribute exactly 1 of these Deben on each of the other reserves; if there is not enough money available, he places each of the remaining Deben on reserves of his choice.

- Or take one of the gifts present in the market and place it next to the game board (if there is a seal on the gift, the seal is simply discarded). The gifts thus collected by the Tutors (of both players) are scored as though they were owned by a third player.

It is possible to make that neutral player discard gifts (with the Royal Servant) or exchange gifts with him (any Deben given to him are simply removed from the game).

The Tutor is then picked up by the player who placed him and may be played at a later time.

Additionnal notes:

A Tutor counts as a Servant with regard to the rules for closing the markets. For the right-side market at Gizeh (close when at 3 colors or 4 Servants / Tutors), the "3 colors" become closed when:
- 2 Servants of different colors and a Tutor,
- OR 2 Tutors of different colors and a Servant.

If a player no longer has any free Servants, whether or not he has Tutors, he can, as per normal Nefertiti rules choose a market on which he has at least one Servant present: that market is immediately closed.

Thanks for your interest anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Olson
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
lengthtoavoid wrote:

I will be demoing both the 4-p and 2-p games at the Dreamation convention in Morristown, NJ next weekend 2/18-2/21, even though I don't have the "official" expansion yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.