Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Haley
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for any info available about a golf game I played during the mid-to-late 1960s that consisted of a large, single-piece board perhaps 3' x 3', with somewhat cartoon-like illustrations of 18 holes on a golf course. Each hole was depicted by 3 paths leading from tee to green, printed in three different colors (red for slice, yellow for fairway, blue for hook). Each path contained a number of dots representing 10 or 20 yard intervals of distance. To tee off, you announced what club you would use and turned over the top card in a deck. The card indicated which path (red, yellow, or blue) your ball traveled down, and how far. Players used pins with large white spherical heads to represent their balls. You stuck the pin in the black dot on the path that represented how far your drive carried. From that point, you repeated the process for each shot, with special rules for putting and resolving bunker shots. I have never seen the game again, either online or in person, and I'd love just to find out its name and perhaps find a photo. This might be a hopeless cause...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't the game you describe, but it's similar enough that you'd probably enjoy it: Lucky Shots Golf Board Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arnold Palmer's Inside Golf

May not be the right one, but sounds very similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.