Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, what a game this was.

So, my girlfriend and I sat down with two friends to play a 4 player game. Charcters were Lee Adama, Tom Zarek (me), Sharon Valeri, and William Adama.

The game started with ease. Apollo quickly destroyed the raiders, just in time for more to launch. We kept getting jump icons on our cards, and Apollo kept scoring hits. We scouted for fuel, bringing our fuel to 9, before jumping to a barren planet (fuel at 7). This round was uneventful, except for Cylon Accusation, which landed Admiral Adama in the brig. His son took over the admiralty, and jumped us to a Tylium Planet (distance 3, fuel 8).
The next round was also uneventful, until the end. We used up a fuel on a crisis (fuel 7). I used Cylon Mugshots on William Adama, and pardoned him the next action I got. Boomer used her recon, and when William Adama drew the card on his turn, it was a cylon attack! Lee went, then I went, and then it was Boomer's turn again. She frowned because both our cards had been events, so she couldn't use mysterious intuition. I arrested her, and she revealed from the brig, moving to cylon space right before the sleeper phase sent her to the brig anyway. We jumped to another tylium planet (distance 4 fuel at 8!!) and the others well about half.

The second round of loyalty cards were dealt. Boomer got the sympathiser, which she gave to Lee. We had no pilots, and the two females of our group were cylons.

That's when it turned.

Lee spent every turn in the human fleet, stealing a good card and damaging galactica (rolling 5 most times!) Boomer played her super crisis, massive assault, and bumped back our jump track, which was bumped back again later by Network Computers.
What was bad was how the crises we drew as humans did not have jump icons, and two were cylon attacks.
The raiders decended upon our vipers, destroying 3 and damaging the other 5. We lost command, armory, hangar bay, and admiral's quarters. The raiders slowly continued their rampage, destroying all the civilian ships on the board, leaving only two in the supply.

Then, all 16 raiders initiated subroutine 4, and trained their guns on galactica. We survived the first two salvos, with me frantically repairing FTL, hoping it would stay undamaged long enough for us to use it(using consolidate power to get the blue cards). Finally, the ship could take no more, and we were utterly destroyed.

We never even jumped. We died at distance 4.

Wow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a video of you at distance 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.