Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S G
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Wow, this is a lot of nice bits, esp. at the very nice price I just paid....

2. My kids, ages 12, 10, and 5 are playing the heck outta this game! I have barely had time to read the rules, but they've had it on the table almost non-stop for a couple of weeks now. What stuns me is the five year old seems to "get" the game (using the classic rules, of course), and his brothers are nice enough to let him enjoy the game. Usually, he'll form an informal alliance with one of his brothers, which lasts only until the other brother manages to convince him to join his side.

So CoE has been a very nice surprise, given that I thought we'd grow into it over the next couple of years....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is great to hear!

Glad you all are enjoying the game!

Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Phillips
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I haven't played CoE in 20 years! And now the next generation is enjoying it.

The main mechanic that was innovative in this game (innovative enough that I recall it 20 gaming years later) was the inflation jumps. The road building was pretty good too, but I think more of these types of games (economic-military-conquest) should consider the inflationary economic effect of war.

We also had a "house rule" that Egypt had to begin with a galley, in order to make it competitive (not exactly historical, but playable). Otherwise, Egypt was a bad position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.