John Rivera
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Friday night,
I was invited to witness a six players plus the game master began our quest to re visit this game.

Giant table was placed in a open Basement.

3D Terrain of forests and mountains and dungeons made this game look superb enhancing but staying consistent with the Board game concept.

There were six colourful armies. There were miniatures equal to 25 copies of this game , so the main battles had to take place on a separate table to justify armies battle.

To add a twist, They implemented TWO rules:

1. SPECIAL ABILITY:
Dwarves: Ability to re roll die results of 1.
Barbarians: Ability to have extra roll, extra attack if die roll result is 6.
Amazons: Ability to charm when Die result of 6, an enemy piece is unable to attack Amazons.
Necromancers: Ability to disappear when die result of 6 from the current location to any location that is owned.
Elves: Ability to win Tie results in die roll.
Orcs: Ability to bring extra army when die roll result is 6.
2. Hero`s used a D8 as oppose to D6 during combat.
Kings used a D12 as oppose to D6 during combat.
Wizards kept their main game Spell powers.

PLEASE NOTE:
a)All armies had the same Attack and Defence power.
b) Above ability factor is one die roll per piece.

The pictures of the main battlefields were amazing.

After few hours, the final battle the two remaining armies of Amazons (Played by our dear female friend Cornelia of Romania) agreed to battle the Orcs (played by Ryan of USA) for the title.

Barbarians and Necromancers were eliminated by the Orcs and were cheering the Amazons to defeat the Orcs. Orc player made some great Military tactics during battles earlier rounds.

Nercomancers were also cheering for Amazons. The fact that a female player has a chance to win the title is good for the game.

Dwarves representative did not care much for the Amazons as they were the runner up to the Amazons to challenge the Mighty Orcs.

The main battle took place and over 146 beautiful Purple Amazons
attacked the centre line of the Red color Orcs. Each army also had equal four Dargonlords as well (the power of Dragonlords were reduced to make this game shift more towards epic battle of armies).

179 Orcs withstood the attack in centre and pushed on each side, forcing Cornelia Amazons to retreat.
Within 35 minutes, the mighty Orc flag was rising high. The Orcs were now the winner of this event. Two in a row..
This was the 73rd battle of our series. Amazons never won this event. So close...

I just thought share this with you, Hope if interest is there, we will post some pictures on the BGG for your view.

Next Friday, we will use the 1st edition figures for its epic event. There are only five armies, the four from the base game 1st edition and the black color army which was represented by the Lord of the Ring RISK board game Trolls.

Take care.
J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luuc Lubbers
Netherlands
Breda
N-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, I wish I could have been there.

You made any photos ?
Please say yes and post one or two, even bad quality.

If you didnt make photos and
there is another event pls make photos then.

regards,
Luuc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please post pics!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.