Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Berends
Australia
Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Forced: After this unit enters play, each player takes 2 indirect damage. (Players allocate their own indirect damage.)"

Can this indirect damage be allocated to units with toughness, thus allowing players to escape without taking damage?

My guess is they can if they have units with toughness out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
goblin.77 wrote:
"Forced: After this unit enters play, each player takes 2 indirect damage. (Players allocate their own indirect damage.)"

Can this indirect damage be allocated to units with toughness, thus allowing players to escape without taking damage?

My guess is they can if they have units with toughness out.

You got it.Toughness is very nice to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn straight - in the absence of rules specifically prohibiting such behavior, it's allowed. Or in the immortal words of the ant colony in the first part of T.H. White's "The Once and Future King", "Everything not compulsory is mandatory."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the damage instead be allocated to a section of your capital instead of a unit? Can it be split between two targets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:
Can the damage instead be allocated to a section of your capital instead of a unit? Can it be split between two targets?

No reason why you shouldn't be able to assign it to a section of your capital, nor split it between two targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you split between two separate units, or a unit and a zone, or two separate zones. You can also assign it to a unit or multiple units with toughness which technically ends up canceling some or all of the damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.