United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if Rip Dere 'Eads Off! turns over a Hero in a zone where that player already controls a Hero? Theoretically, this doesn't even have to happen to the Orc player; he could do it to his opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zamborsky
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Lucky wrote:
What happens if Rip Dere 'Eads Off! turns over a Hero in a zone where that player already controls a Hero? Theoretically, this doesn't even have to happen to the Orc player; he could do it to his opponent.

There's nothing in the rulebook that addresses this, so we'll have to wait for the FAQ from FF. If I had to guess, the just-turned over Hero would be immediately discarded from play. But that's not official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, well you just wouldn't choose a Hero to flip over if it was played on your own Development, which you can always look at - and if it was your opponent, you'd just flip a different Development or else your opponent would get to choose which Hero to keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It becomes very interesting when the opponent is the recipient of this effect. There is nothing in the rules to account for this. I'd suggest you send it to Nate. If I had to guess at the ruling I'd say it would be either the flipped hero is immediately discarded, or the golden rule applies and the person has two heroes until the end of the turn... but I'm leaning towards the former.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote would be that the golden rule applies, and you have to heros until the one goes away at the end of turn.

My question is, When I use it to flip over the Orc hero that wipes out (i think) developments when it comes into play, is that effect triggered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Golden Rule cannot be the determining factor because the Hero cards themselves state no more than one Hero can be in a zone, so we have text from two cards that apparently conflict. This is one that Nate will have to clear up. Send it in.

By surface appearances, yes, Grimgor Ironhide's ability does trigger. This is a clarification/confirmation we'll need, does a development being turned face up to reveal a unit count as that unit entering play? I would say without any other input probably... however I would not be surprised for a ruling to be made that the card entered play as a development and when the card turned face up it had already been in play, albeit in a different state.

I actually expect the ruling to go in that fashion knowing Nate and past rulings on other LCG effects of a similar nature. The only reason I'm not backing it now, is because there is nothing in this games rules or rulings from FFG on this game to support it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Adamson
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
if it was your opponent, you'd just flip a different Development or else your opponent would get to choose which Hero to keep.

That doesn't sound too official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Olson
Australia
Darlington
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding if Rip Dere 'Eads Off! reveals a Dwarf Cannon Crew; is this unit entering play or already in play?

The Dwarf Cannon Crew card text begins: "After this unit enters play..."

In a similar situation in MTG the effect would not take place as the unit would be deemed already in play, but I have not found clarification for this in W:I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atomsk wrote:
I have a question regarding if Rip Dere 'Eads Off! reveals a Dwarf Cannon Crew; is this unit entering play or already in play?

The Dwarf Cannon Crew card text begins: "After this unit enters play..."

In a similar situation in MTG the effect would not take place as the unit would be deemed already in play, but I have not found clarification for this in W:I.

I think the consesus so far is no, mainly in combo with Grimgor and his Support-annihilation enter play text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.