Subject: One volley coup turns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Stevens
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Games: Design 'em, rewrite 'em, play 'em!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 7 player Junta on Sunday. I was the only player who had played before, so I was teacher, and I forgot about the three volleys in combat.

The net effect of this error was blindingly fast and interesting coups. Someone else want to try this and tell me what they think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey - old post but we managed to play 2 games forgetting this rule - our first two plays and the coups were indeed fast and though this makes the Airforce and Navy a bit more powerful the way we played. Still, I would think 3 volleys are going to be a heck of alot more bloody, so much so, that there will be little alive left to shoot back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Stevens
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Games: Design 'em, rewrite 'em, play 'em!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I had even forgotten this post!

Cool, so playing single volley rounds might be a good intentional variant for Junta?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy williams
Australia
Ferntree Gully
victoria
flag msg tools
mb
I play one volley per round coups. Hit on a 5/6. We've had coups go to the 8th turn using this rule - fast, tense, bloody..

If I tried the 3 volleys per round my boys would not play it as it would be too long to hit on a roll of 6 and roll all those die.

So much so I don't bother with the original outdated rule. Airforce strikes one per round max..
Plays really well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.