Subject: Bio-Terrorist Map: Washington to Madrid? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael McGuire
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
We broke out the expansion last night and played the Bio-Terrorist variant. During the course of play, I noticed that the Bio-Terrorist map I was using (from the pad that comes with the expansion) had a connection line between Washington and Madrid, a line that doesn't exist on the game board.

Looking at the map that is available in the download section, I see that it looks like the game board, without a line between Washington and Madrid.

So, I'm assuming that the pad has a misprint? Or have those nefarious bio-terrorists chartered secret sub-rides between the continents

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Goodall
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having mine to hand, I just checked.

Yes, the pad has this connection, but my board (1st printing if that makes a difference) doesn't.

I notice the pdf of the pad to download here:
http://boardgame.geekdo.com/filepage/46869
doesn't have this line!

So a misprint on some or all pads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
That link on the BT map is an error (sigh) that was introduced during the production process. Sorry about that.

The PDF file in the files section is a corrected version. Feel free to download and use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, maybe it's a private jet to Madrid that only the BT can use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Westlake
Australia
flag msg tools
Ironically, maybe some BT variant maps with special BT only routes might be an interesting option??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Can disease spread by a secret BT submarine ferry line?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McGuire
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
MrWeasely wrote:
Can disease spread by a secret BT submarine ferry line?

What's long and hard and full of . . . purple?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I used this route during our game. Now that you mention it, it did seem odd even at the time. It did help me escape though!

I know printing errors happen, but this is pretty disappointing. As errors go, this is a big one. Not every player is going to check BGG and figure this out right away, and the whole balance of the game changes if you don't notice it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.