Dice of the Living Dead» Forums » Rules

Subject: Losing hours and fighting zombies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Volkhard Humburg
Germany
flag msg tools
I have a question on the rules as follows:

The hour die is always reset to "5 hour periods" after reaching a green "Safe House" square.

1) Must I always reduce the hour die by 1 hour for each hour lost and is the game lost, as soon as I lose 5 hours (or 6 hours, if I gain an extra hour by an event) before the next green "Safe House" square is reached by my surviving party members ?

Scoring Points for remaining hours

2) Which remaining hours count to my points total for remaining hours ?

2a) Do I gain only points for the remaining hours of the last 5 hour period on the stage(leg) from the "Abandoned House" square to the star space or

do I gain points for all remaining hours of each "5 hour period" by
writing down the remaining hours of each 5 hour period set at the previous "Safe House phases" after reaching each green "Safe house" square and adding them up at the end of the game ?

Fighting Zombies

3) May I only sacrifice two of my fight dice to remove one zombie die, if the overall score of my two fight dice which I wish to sacrifice is equal or higher than the score of the zombie die that I want to remove ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, here's some answers:

1. Basically yes. Unless you, during movement, made it to a safe house rolling ones while fighting can cost you the game. Losing hours is not an option, but just bad luck. But do note that scavenging and movement take place before you resolve the zombie die.

2. As it is right now you only count the excess of the final five hours.

3. Yes, you may only exchange fight dice on a one for one or one for two basis, and the di(c)e you exchange must be equal to or higher (when added up in the case of two dice) than the zombie fight die you wish to remove. This is to make combat a bit more difficult.

Hope that clears things up - and that you like the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mads b. wrote:

1. Basically yes. Unless you, during movement, made it to a safe house rolling ones while fighting can cost you the game. Losing hours is not an option, but just bad luck. But do note that scavenging and movement take place before you resolve the zombie die.

If I roll 3 "1"'s, do I loose 3 hours? Or just 1 hour for the whole turn?

And if each 1 is worth 3 zombies, then would I roll a total of 9 zombie fight dice for the 3 "1"s I rolled?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Armydillo978 wrote:
mads b. wrote:

If I roll 3 "1"'s, do I loose 3 hours? Or just 1 hour for the whole turn?

I believe you lose 3 hours in that case. But I have lost more games by running out of time than any other way. Remember that when actually fighting, you can also lose hours:
"every time you roll a “1” you immediately lose one hour fighting the zeds"

Armydillo978 wrote:

And if each 1 is worth 3 zombies, then would I roll a total of 9 zombie fight dice for the 3 "1"s I rolled?

Thanks.

EDIT:
No, you get three zombies only for the 1 you rolled on the RED Zombie die (see the Zombie die chart) -- the 1s you rolled on the WHITE Survivor dice (that got set aside in the Zombie Dice Pool) are worth one zombie each. So, you would have 5 zombies in your specific case: three for the 1 one the red die, and one each for the 1s rolled on the white dice.

But then if you use a lot of ammo to get more fight dice to try to fight all those zombies, you have a higher risk of rolling a 1 and using up your hours! It's a tough game to win, but fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.