Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have introduced this game to my modern gamer friends and they love it! They don't even mind the cheesy original chits and cards.

The only thing that detracts is the rather lame pawns that come with the game. So I'd like to pick up some nice little spaceships to use as replacement pawns.

Does anyone have any suggestions for games I could raid for spaceships? Please list only games that one might find at a thrift store (I don't want to spend more than a couple bucks).

One possibility I know of is Solarquest.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you care to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my own set but uses stands I got from an online store. Check the pic link for info on the store I got them from. I can always upload the images I created for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd never really thought of it, but seeing your title made me think of an old game of Wide World that was at my grandparents' place when I was little. It had some great, metal "airplane" pawns that really looked more like rockets. Those would be amazing replacement pawns for my copy of MoV. Unfortunately, the game is long gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
I'd never really thought of it, but seeing your title made me think of an old game of Wide World that was at my grandparents' place when I was little. It had some great, metal "airplane" pawns that really looked more like rockets. Those would be amazing replacement pawns for my copy of MoV. Unfortunately, the game is long gone.

I did exactly that when I found a copy of Wide World for $1. Definitely got my money's worth, but I also enjoyed the unintentional humor of the "Manila Hemp" card.

I gave away sets of plastic rocket pawns at the WBC tournament this summer--unfortunately the store that sold them no longer sells them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow this link:

http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm/subsection/1/category/1

Looks like you can get bags of three different kinds of ships from Buck Rogers: Battle for the 25th Century Game for a buck a bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your suggestions.

Considering my budget, I opted to cannibalize the least chewed-on pawns from Headache, painting two of them black and white.

Why does every game of Headache contain chewed up pawns?

Because that's where the game's flavor is to be found!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Corey wrote:
Sphere wrote:
Follow this link:

http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm/subsection/1/category/1

Looks like you can get bags of three different kinds of ships from Buck Rogers: Battle for the 25th Century Game for a buck a bag.

Minimum order there is $10 and they only ship to the USA, otherwise they would be mine. If anyone is thinking of getting these and don't mind posting a bag of each of these on to Oz let me know.

I have no idea how much it would be to ship to Austrailia, but I'd be willing to help you out if several people want bags (and everyone covers the cost. So for instance, if someone wanted 3 bags and it cost $5 shipping, that person could just send me the $8 to cover the cost).

3 types and $1 for each, means I could get 3 sets of bags for the $10 minimum order. So thats one set for you, one for me and one for someone else. So just need 1 other person interested in a set and I'd order them up

If anyone has already ordered them and wants to help him out, post here then I won't worry about putting together an order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Taylor
United States
under surveillance
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Actually, I just stumbled upon an even better solution for my needs. I found an inexpensive copy of Sputnik which contains exactly six nice rocket pawns! I just repainted the stripes and we're all ready to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have some decent pics of the buck roger ships people have talked about?

Herr Niemand wrote:

Actually, I just stumbled upon an even better solution for my needs. I found an inexpensive copy of Sputnik which contains exactly six nice rocket pawns! I just repainted the stripes and we're all ready to play!

Sweet! Those are some great looking ships! And if you look at the Dathkaden remake artwork, in which they look kinda rocketship shaped, these are definately rocket ships

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.