Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
65 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Lawyers, Guns, and Money: A Cold War Romp Through the Caribbean (14/21) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The Senator' wayward son has apparently gotten into deeper trouble than usual. Can his dad's connections get him away from the Russians and out of his mess? A Game of WW based on Warren Zevon's song, Lawyers, Guns, and Money

shakeThere's no good video out there that doesn't have a long intro shake

Take a gander at the rules. This is an experimental set and open for criticism and comment. Trying out some very powerful Roles for Good which may affect balance significantly.

Good wins when all Russians are eliminated. Evil wins when they reach parity with Good

Lynch: 9:00 PM BGG
Night Orders: 11:00 PM BGG

Game will start when full.

Standard etiquette rules apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Lawyers, Guns, and Money: A Cold War Romp Through the Caribbean

GOOD:

Son:
The wayward son. Spending Dad's money in all the wrong places. The Son has a way of finding trouble... and difficulty ignoring it.

Alignment Seer (Views for Good/Evil). Gets random N0 Good View. Gets Role information at Dawn of all killed players. May have Hidden Traits.

Dad the Senator:

A highly respected member of the US Senate willing to use his influence for his family's benefit... especially if it keeps the press away.

Unkillable until Son dies, Doesn't count for parity, Vote is worth 0. At Night, may decide action for next Day. Either

***Telegram one of Lawyers, Guns,Money or any player a message of up to 12 words. May not Telegram any of Lawyers, Guns,or Money twice until all living of the three roles have been sent a Telegram. When sent a Telegram, the Role is allowed to use its Active Power or Once Per Game Power (the Role's choice). Any Role not getting a Telegram from Dad the Senator use their Passive Power. If the chosen Role is dead, Dad the Senator learns so at Dawn, and surviving Roles get to use their Active Power.

--OR--

***Once the Son is Dead, Dad the Senator may take
direct control of Lawyers, Guns,or Money for the turn and use any one of their Powers. If this is done, the other roles get no powers that turn. May not use a Once Per Game that has already been used. Dad the Senator can assume the Power of a killed Role. Cannot use this action two Nights in a row. Dad the Senator MAY take control of a Role who just used their PRIMARY POWER and use it for a second day in a row. However, the Role Dad the Senator chooses may not use its PRIMARY ABILITY the next Day for any reason.

Lawyers:
Dad the Senator's army of information gatherers. The law firm of Goodman, Goodman, and Brown won't let anything stop them in the way of discovering who's after the Son.

Knows the identity of Dad the Senator at game start. Will use their Once Per Game, Active, Passive, or No Power each turn, depending on Dad the Senator's actions. Only one Power will be active per Day (from Dawn to next Dawn).

***OPG: Witch Hunt: Lawyer Chooses one Player. That Player's entire Role and Hidden Trait are mod-revealed to the thread (Timing occurs at time Mod receives the Order)

***(Active): Deposition: Privately learn the Final Vote Tally for the next Lynch.

***(Passive): Inside Info: After Lynch, randomly learns one Hidden Trait remaining in the game, but not who posesses it.

Guns:
Highly trained mercenaries loyal to the Senator, America, and/or Money. Prepared to deal directly with the Russians and/or the Son.

Knows the identity of Dad the Senator at game start. Will use their Once Per Game, Active, Passive, or No Power each turn, depending on Dad the Senator's actions. Only one Power will be active per Day (from Dawn to next Dawn).

***OPG: Assassination: The following evening, may target one Player to die. Standard Night Kill occurs as well. Order must be placed during Night Orders Phase (i.e. Player must survive Lynch to use power)

***(Active) Body Guard: Choose one Player. If that Player is targeted for the Night Kill the following evening, there is no Kill.

***(Passive) Hunter: Counts as 2 for parity, wins if in the final two vs. wolf

Money:
Several bankers friendly with the Senator have been encouraged to spread their money around to make sure the locals are happy to help out.

***OPG: Bank Holiday: Prevent Lynch Today. Order must be placed by Noon.

***(Active) Vote buying: Move one Player's Vote. Order must be in by Dusk.

***(Passive) Money is Power: Money's Vote is worth 1.5 Votes

Innocent Bystanders (9):
Local villagers, just trying to survive the slaughter and not be killed off as potential witnesses if Evil wins. May have Hidden Traits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge

Evil:

Russians (4):
Cheap sunglasses, mismatched suits, fresh sunburns, and enough tricks up their sleeves to be happy no one thought to bring a geiger counter, the KGB agents are here to kidnap the Son and get rid of any of the witnesses. Only then can they control the Senator's vote on the upcoming bill proposing complete surrender to Russia.

Standard Wolves. Share a chat, may choose one person each Night to Kill. May have Hidden Traits.

Waitress:
Russian Spy who confirmed the Son's presence in Havana. She is the only one who can recognize him, and is trying to find him after he got a glimpse into her Little Red Book.

Role Sorcerer, views for Son/Not Son only. Gets random N0 negative. Gets Role and Trait information at Dusk of all Players Killed the Previous cycle (excepting any Brutal). Does not count for parity. May have Hidden Traits.

Courier:
Telegram courier who is in the KGB's pay. His job is to spread confusion and false orders amongst the Senator's assets.

May deliver one 12 word message each Dawn to any Player or Role. This will be indistinguishable from a Telegram from Dad the Senator. Counts as Good for Parity (potential witness). May have Hidden Traits.

Policia:
Several of the local police are in the KGB's employ as well. Others just don't like foreigners shooting up their town.

Role Sorcerer... views for Lawyer, Guns, or Money. A view will register as Yes/No. Gets random N0 negative. Count as Good for parity (potential witness). May have Hidden Traits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge

Hidden Traits

Any Role in the game (excepting Dad the Senator, Lawyers, Guns, or Money) may have up to one Trait from the following list. No player will know that they have a Hidden Trait except the Ham Operators (Masons) or Brutal (who will only be informed once Brutal is triggered). All other Traits are completely Passive. Not all Traits will be given out randomly. Traits may be given out multiple times.

CIA Agent: Tinker -- views as opposite to all Seer or Sorcerer powers (only)

Informant: Passive Eavesdropper. So long as Informant is alive, the Russians get a copy of every telegram Dad the Senator sends out, and the Role that receives it.

Hired Muscle: Tough. First kill (of any type) is ignored for this player. Will not be notified if detoughed.

Hired Gun: Brutal. If killed, the Hired Gun get to kill any one person. If lynched, the victim must come from the list of people who voted him. Role of victim is NOT revealed.

Insane: Mistaken believes he is a Special Role of same Team. Mod will not do anything to alter this belief.

Voice of America: Passive Day Priest. So long as VOA is alive, role reveal occurs upon Lynch

Deep Throat: Passive Night Priest. so long as DT is alive, role reveal occurs upon Night Kill

Shadow Agent: So long as the Shadow Agent is alive, Hidden Traits are publicly revealed. It is possible to have a Hidden Trait revealed without a Role Reveal. If this Trait is not in the game, Traits will be revealed (or not) along with the Roles (if the appropriate Priest is in play)

Crowd Agitator: When voting for lynch, gains bonus votes equal to the number of people voting after the Agitator on the same suspect.

Ham Operators: Masons -- get an anonymous chatroom with all other Ham Operators. Not guaranteed to be on the same team. Will not be given to a SEER-type Role.

Disguise Artist: If viewed, Role will be randomly determined each view (%s based on current roster of living Roles)

Peace Corps Volunteer: White Hat -- Will always be revealed upon death as Innocent Bystander (Hidden Trait: Innocent Bystander). Can only go to an Innocent Bystander.

Bureaucrat: If the Bureaucrat is in the game and dies, Dusk will be changed to one hour earlier as everything moves more smoothly.

List Subject to alteration

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The Lawyers Demanded This Space Be Reserved for Future Use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
greek2me
kuchick
LudesFactor
rangers85
salamander11
Shadowatom
sydwys8
ZenMonkey11

8 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4521...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I suggest you remove the use of names in the 12 word message. I can think up an easy plan to prevent FUD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Kaldar wrote:
I suggest you remove the use of names in the 12 word message. I can think up an easy plan to prevent FUD.

I assure you the Informant Hidden Trait will be in play. devil Any names given out will have a good chance of being delivered directly to the Russians...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

I assure you the Informant Hidden Trait will be in play. devil Any names given out will have a good chance of being delivered directly to the Russians...

Even that is highly abusable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
Kaldar wrote:
nyriv wrote:
Kaldar wrote:

Even that is highly abusable.

Instead of unhelpfully posting "I found a way to abuse your system, but I'm not telling," why not send a GM to the mod and describe how his system can be abused. You may find out that he had this in mind all along or he may come up with an easy fix for it.

If he intends for it to stay in the game, you now have either 1) a mod-approved method of abusing the system or 2) information to help the village not get abused.

Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Key: Totally Bouse
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Liking the lynch times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Genghis wrote:
Liking the lynch times...

Lovin' the Avatar. Another slow start for the Leafs, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
Another slow start for the Leafs, eh?

Glacial. They're actually 0-5-1, I just haven't updated the badge yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIOT
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
...a message of up to 12 words...

I would suggest using a character limit instead of a word limit. What is your definition of a word?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
riot wrote:
nyriv wrote:
...a message of up to 12 words...

I would suggest using a character limit instead of a word limit. What is your definition of a word?

I'd go by definition for something simple... a word is any entry found in the dictionary, a single username, or an emoticon. In this case, I'll let STOP go for free...

I'm a spirit of the rules mod as opposed to a letter of the law. Any message I find game breaking or against the spirit would be returned to the sender for rewriting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Lawyers, Guns, and Money: A Cold War Romp Through the Caribbean (6/21)
Now with 100% more mod!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Run you clever boy, and REMEMBER!
badge
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
Now with 100% more mod!

Yes, and I'm here to poke your
thread as much as possible.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
Game will start when full, but not before Monday, Oct. 19 or after Armageddon.

Why won't you start after Armageddon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
kristiefix wrote:
nyriv wrote:
Game will start when full, but not before Monday, Oct. 19 or after Armageddon.

Why won't you start after Armageddon?

I expect the meddling kids will have foiled my plot by then... and I doubt the jail has decent wifi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm horribly opposed to shilling my own event, so if kristie could post here to bump us up, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and go fill Clue up, while you're all at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nyriv wrote:
I'm horribly opposed to shilling my own event, so if kristie could post here to bump us up, I'd appreciate it.

Kristiefix starts doing a strip-tease to get a shift in attention...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kristiefix wrote:
nyriv wrote:

Wow... I know I'm pregnant and all, but nothing? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kristiefix wrote:
kristiefix wrote:
nyriv wrote:

Wow... I know I'm pregnant and all, but nothing? shake

Thanks for the thumb Grim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.