Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is it taking so long to get this game back on the market? WTF are you people doing over there? I've wanted this game for so long now, and still I can't get my hands on it. You guys seriously suck!
All I want to do now is make my own version and give it to all my friends.
Please feel free to post your complaints about why it's taking so long. And for those people that disagree with what I'm writing, please go somewhere else.
I want CGF to see this and maybe get an understanding of how upset people are with their inability to bring this product back on the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Bang-Madsen
Denmark
Taastrup
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, lets all sit down and scream and yell. It used to work with mom and dad, so it should be a valid solution in general.

(end of sarcasm)

Have you tried to contact them? Most often when some business oppertunity arises, the probability of making a profit is usually calculated, and if it looks favorable, things will move on from there. If its not profitable, or the business is short on money, chances are that they won't move on. Thats life. I find it hard to believe that your life should come to an end, if this game isn't republished anytime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this thread for some background as to why CGF are being non-responsive. There are people waiting for copies of the game and they have been waiting for months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Because getting mad, yelling, being rude, and acronym swearing at them is going to help soooo much.

Oh, sorry, you told me to go somewhere else. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted people that feel the same way that I do to have a place to vent.I didn't want a bunch of analytical thinkers to come here and criticize my way of showing disappointment.
As for your horrible company model argument: I think if demand is high enough, which it is, and cost is low enough, which it is, then they should go make some money.
Now back to what's important here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, what made you think this particular message belongs in a public BGG thread and not in their customer service inbox? Especially if you're going to ask people who disagree with you to "go somewhere else."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stony wrote:
Yeah, lets all sit down and scream and yell. It used to work with mom and dad, so it should be a valid solution in general.

(end of sarcasm)

Have you tried to contact them? Most often when some business oppertunity arises, the probability of making a profit is usually calculated, and if it looks favorable, things will move on from there. If its not profitable, or the business is short on money, chances are that they won't move on. Thats life. I find it hard to believe that your life should come to an end, if this game isn't republished anytime soon.

Your method seems to be working really well.
Let me know when you get the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Sorry, what made you think this particular message belongs in a public BGG thread and not in their customer service inbox? Especially if you're going to ask people who disagree with you to "go somewhere else."

They don't answer their messages at CGF. I thought that some people might just want to write a few things about this situation to 1) vent their anger and 2) to eventually let CGF know that this is unacceptable company behavior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
The reports are that CGF cashed payments for orders, didn't ship the games, and stopped responding to communications: some public venting is not inappropriate; indeed, it's very useful to warn interested buyers that CGF currently has no 'customer service inbox'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
mpin wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

They don't answer their messages at CGF. I thought that some people might just want to write a few things about this situation to 1) vent their anger and 2) to eventually let CGF know that this is unacceptable company behavior.

That sounds effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpin wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

CGF will take "angry" complaints like yours less seriously, not more. Any company would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
mpin wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

That sounds effective.

Maybe I should drive down there and knock on the door and tell them then?
Just go somewhere else if you don't agree with what I'm trying to do. I don't need to keep arguing about this. You don't like it, you go post somewhere else. It's simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:

CFG will take "angry" complaints like yours less seriously, not more. Any company would.

That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Bang-Madsen
Denmark
Taastrup
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpin wrote:

I've had it. And sold it again. Whats your point?

I think your points could easily be passed on without sounding like a crybaby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stony wrote:
mpin wrote:

I've had it. And sold it again. Whats your point?

I think your points could easily be passed on without sounding like a crybaby.

A cry baby? Have I whined? Have I shed a single tear? No I don't think I have. I think giving someone, or in this situation a company, a little bit of a hard time can sometimes get yourself noticed. Please don't make me start listing strike tactics now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim b
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mpin wrote:
Maybe I should drive down there and knock on the door and tell them then? Just go somewhere else if you don't agree with what I'm trying to do. I don't need to keep arguing about this. You don't like it, you go post somewhere else. It's simple.

Evidently, bgg comments and posters can easily bias toward a 'protect the manufacturer' mob mentality.

Imho, suggesting customers mustn't vent in public is a patronizing chide, at best. At worst, it's some odd confluence of commercial interests, the dumb-mob mentality of we the modern consumer- and also, substantial, well-intentioned support for game designers in general.

In this case- expecting a constructive response from the manufacturer is futile, even facile. That's rarely the point of venting.

Nonetheless, it shouldn't need to be said that negative feedback is one of the legitimate ways customers share information about a vendor. BBB or e-commerce vendor rating systems provide supporting machinery that isn't available on BGG, at least to my knowledge. (It would be nice to have a useful bgg vendor rating/feedback system; commercial bgg advertisers might discourage such features here, I don't know.)

edit- typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really understand what all the fuss is about this game or the company. If I'm not getting on with a company or can't get the game I want from them I just choose a different game and a different company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpin wrote:

A cry baby? Have I whined? Have I shed a single tear? No I don't think I have.

We can disagree about whether or not you have whined, but I think people are responding to your palpable sense of entitlement.

For the record, CGF is on a bit of a hiatus since their president (and hence 50% of their employees) is in Belgium for a few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mpin wrote:
They don't answer their messages at CGF.

Have you tried their phone number or mailing address?

CAMBRIDGE GAMES FACTORY
169 Broadmeadow Road
Groton, MA 01450
978-448-0317
info@cambridgegames.com

If they aren't responding, put an inquiry into the business at BBB.org.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, CFG is clearly in the wrong regarding unfulfilled orders. Posting rants to the BGG forums is not an effective way to address that.

As for the OP: using "you make me sick!!!" to mean "I want you to reprint a game I like" is beyond hilarious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Does everyone understand that CGF is a tiny, tiny, tiny company?

Its very possible that their real lives and real jobs (or lack of them in this economy) got horribly busy, and their hobby of running CGF has fallen to the wayside.

That said, they should have taken care of outstanding orders, agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
For the record, CFG is clearly in the wrong.

Eh? If they have advertised and received money for a game and not sent their product, then yes they're in the wrong about that. But it doesn't sound like the op falls into that category. He just wants them to do something they don't want to (or can't) do at the moment. Why does that make them "clearly in the wrong"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
100%Blade wrote:
JohnRayJr wrote:

Eh? If they have advertised and received money for a game and not sent their product, then yes they're in the wrong about that. But it doesn't sound like the op falls into that category. He just wants them to do something they don't want to (or can't) do at the moment. Why does that make them "clearly in the wrong"

True. I edited my post to make it more specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
100%Blade wrote:
JohnRayJr wrote:

Actually, what I want is for them to take 5 minutes and address the issue. Big or small, they should be able to make the time to let their customers know what is going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mpin wrote:

Actually, what I want is for them to take 5 minutes and address the issue. Big or small, they should be able to make the time to let their customers know what is going on.

This is what your first post should have been.

~Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.