Kevin Taylor
United Kingdom
Cambridge
CAMBS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to get in a quick solo run last night and failed to get my characters out in time before the boulder blocked the exit.
The boulder can move surprisingly fast for a big guy and for a while I was beginning to think that it seemed too easy - I guess I won't underestimate the power of the boulder next game.

Anyway, does anybody else have a problem with the character cards not lining up properly when you overlay them to read the LL? When I use my cards to view the LL and then flip them over, the reading is half way through the next number?

It appears to be unnecessary to flip your cards anyway because all the data can be seen on the LL side. I was just wondering why they tell you to do it this way in the rules and yet in practice it just doesn't work due to the lining up problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it tell you to flip them? I thought you were meant to slide the top card up to reveal how many actions you have got based on the dice rolled?

Since Load Level on its own doesn't tell you how many actions you've got (the dice rolls do that) there would be no reason for them to line up in any case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the bits guy
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Leigh - we have only been sliding the 'bottom' card up and down below the character card to keep track of the actions still available. (The Load Level table can be consulted on an unused character card's back - when playing with less than 6 players--, or on a custom playaid).

Maybe the confusion is generated by the fact that the rulebook indicates to rotate the top character card 180 degrees to show that you used that character's special ability (once per game)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Taylor
United Kingdom
Cambridge
CAMBS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes perfect sense - thanks guys. thumbsup

In fact I can't even believe I thought you flipped anything at all!

Yet another rule I've misinterpreted! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Taylor
United Kingdom
Cambridge
CAMBS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Actually can I just add that I never actually played through the game flipping cards left, right and centre. Once I realised the relevant information was on the card I just kept a mental tally in my head of how many turns the characters had left.

So I believe I did play it correctly, but not quite how the game was designed to be played......... I'll get me coat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.