Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb

Having been unemployed for a while, I have to wonder what it means when the employment division itself has to shut down temporarily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
First rule of budget cuts: Only cut what is visible to the public and likely to incite panic amongst the voters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
First rule of budget cuts: Only cut what is visible to the public and likely to incite panic amongst the voting public.

Or, rather than panic, to increase support. It works. Just recently there is the story of the Philadelphia libraries.

Quote:
The Free Library of Philadelphia announced earlier this month that unless the State Legislature approves the city’s budgetary requests, all branch, regional, and central libraries will close their doors and suspend programming effective Friday, October 2.

Quote:
We are thrilled to announce that the Pennsylvania State Senate passed bill 1828 by a vote of 32 to 17. For all of you who have been following the saga over the city's budget crisis, this is the legislation that was needed for the City of Philadelphia to avoid the "Doomsday" Plan C budget scenario, which would have resulted in the layoff of 3,000 city employees and forced the closing of all libraries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:

Quote:
We are thrilled to announce that the Pennsylvania State Senate passed bill 1828 by a vote of 32 to 17. For all of you who have been following the saga over the city's budget crisis, this is the legislation that was needed for the City of Philadelphia to avoid the "Doomsday" Plan C budget scenario, which would have resulted in the layoff of 3,000 city employees and forced the closing of all libraries.

See, I'd have thought voting for the Doomsday Plan would have instilled confidence in my constituents.

But then I'm no politician.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
pronoblem wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:
First rule of budget cuts: Only cut what is visible to the public and likely to incite panic amongst the voting public.

Or, rather than panic, to increase support. It works. Just recently there is the story of the Philadelphia libraries.

Totally agree that this is why high levels of panic is desired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.