Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Ward
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really interested in this game but I'm surprised at the lack of reviews. Anyone want to volunteer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
Germany
Senftenberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's PG.
The new maps are excellent, you get a plethora of scenarios, the counters are beautiful, the rules (3rd edition) are right to the point, relatively simple but interesting (see other PG reviews on this).

Concerning the scenarios, I propose you look at the designer's notes on the avalanche website - very informative and interesting - http://www.avalanchepress.com/game1940.php.

Unfortunately I haven't found time to play it yet. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ward
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played three scenarios so far and have found the game to be well designed. The maps are stunning and the variety of French armor and infantry is fascinating. This is a wonderful study of the tactical strengths and weaknesses of both armies and well worth the time, space and, of course, money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Outstanding component quality, eye-catching maps (3D kind of) and counters, thick scenario book but above all - a great deal of author's passion to create a nice looking, attractive, fast playing historically accurate wargame. As in other volumes of the serious, EVERY scenario has an authentic conclusion! You know what happened - just compete with the commanders and - "walk with heroes" :)(AP motto).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Good, but too much 'woods on map 35 don't exist, woods on map 34 are towns, ignore hills on map 34,river is railway' sort of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Makowsky
United States
Rhinebeck
New York
flag msg tools
Agree, recently purchased during their summer sale. Love the maps, and the counters. Tons of scenarios (will see about balance as we play).

Have done one game and it was exactly that. This is a bridge, this is not, this is hill this is not. I know that it extends the maps, but I really don't like too much of that sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
I can tolerate a minimum of that sort of thing once in a while under special circumstances. To my mind this signal failing ruins this set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.