Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Huska
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first block game I have purchased and I was wondering how players store their wooden blocks. They seem a little large for trays. I was going to put them back in the plastic bag but I wondered if that would cause any damage to the stickers? How sturdy are the stickers to wear and tear?

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first GMT block game, but I have a number of Columbia block games with the blocks bagged up, and haven't found any issues.

GMT's commnets in the game about putting the sticker on right first time suggest they've used decent glue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berryhill
United States
Aliso Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tc237 wrote:
Don't have 1807 yet but...

Geez... gulp If you thought blockade duty was boring just wait till Phil comes out with 1807: Sea of English!

- Moves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm storing 'em in plastic bags. I don't move the box around all that much, so "normal wear and tear" is pretty limited.

I have used plano boxes (obtained elsewhere than Wallyworld, as I hate them with a boycotting passion) for my Command & Colors games, but that's more for sorting than out of a desire for protection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Huska
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers, looks like plastic bags should be OK.

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Wright
United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
Hornet Leader - Carrier Air Operations
badge
Herge's Adventures of Tintin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Columbia Games ships Victory: The Blocks of War – Additional Blocksets in VHS cassette boxes. Not too bad an idea if you have any old VHS boxes knocking around. I've even considered ordering a few just for block storage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Craft Organizer Boxes from Fashion Tools. (I always find them in the craft section at Wal-Mart.

Most block games fit very nicely in them. This picture is my storage of the blocks in Richard III: The Wars of the Roses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.