Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Space Hulk has dropped from the top of the Hotness Chart!!!

That is all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
What are you, like 80?
badge
It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Hulk is so last-month'ish...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jens_hoppe wrote:

waaa!? Why the f**k don't people tell me these things yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Schaub
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no! Someone quick---tell me what to buy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez, lemme guess.. you are a Fortress AT regular, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Dominion: Seaside
Power Grid: Factory Manager

Good to see the nerds are out in force.

I don't have any enthusiasm for D:S. But dissing Factory Manager is fighting talk.

I'd threaten to hit you over the head with the box but you'd probably get the second hit with 'Starcraft' or 'Tide of Iron' and kill me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:

As opposed to what, the cool kids who play all the hip sci-fi games?
Face facts, man. We're all nerds here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GIS for factory manager and you'll see how exciting the subject can be. (Actually there's one pic of the Superfriends - wtf. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergely Orsó
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jens_hoppe wrote:

True! Must be an old relic, I see it's OOP... There should be a law against hyping OOP games on BGG, bringing out these old skeletons from the closet, what's good with that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Grey
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also noticed for the first time in weeks there wasn't a Space Hulk photo on the front page either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Wife grabbed the October issue of White Dwarf, and as far as I can see there's not a single mention of SH in it. Talk about a lightning release... It's like it never happened!surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
solove wrote:

I'd threaten to hit you over the head with the box but you'd probably get the second hit with 'Starcraft' or 'Tide of Iron' and kill me.

Tombstone to the head!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Schaub
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:
My Wife grabbed the October issue of White Dwarf, and as far as I can see there's not a single mention of SH in it. Talk about a lightning release... It's like it never happened!:surprise:

I think GW is taking this attitude regarding Space Hulk:
"There--we gave you your damn reprint. Now let us never speak of it again."

R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
solove wrote:

Tombstone to the head!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Scrat wrote:
My Wife grabbed the October issue of White Dwarf, and as far as I can see there's not a single mention of SH in it. Talk about a lightning release... It's like it never happened!surprise

They've made it very clear it would be a limited run, without expansions. Space Wolves are the big release this month so I'm not quite sure what'd be the point in spending column inches on something that had the hell promoted out of it last month. I wouldn't expect GW to put any further promotion behind a product that is essentially out of print now. Personally I don't mind, I have my beautiful new edition of SH that I am loving, playing at least a couple of times a week and gradually painting the models. They've done a little bit of support on their site but it's now down to the community to motivate themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Witting
Panama
Vaasa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Space hulk is beaten by an expansion. The humiliation. THE PAIN! cry
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah don't worry the rumors of a re-release will soon vault it to number one again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
I still can't get over "Dominion: Seaside"
Its like there was so much utter boredom in the box and spilled over into the title. People must have complained that "Intrigue" was false advertising.

Did Euros molest you or killed your parents or something? Cause I seriously don't get it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
I mean it just got announced we are getting the big budget super epic of the winter - motherfuckin' Runewars. It's like God came down and decided on the 8th day he was making the most awesome boardgame ever. The completion of the trilogy. Runewars, even the title give you a donkey punch of excitement to the nutsack.

Hey! Thanks for that... I hadn't seen it yet... It sure seems like it could be a great game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
I mean it just got announced we are getting the big budget super epic of the winter - motherfuckin' Runewars. It's like God came down and decided on the 8th day he was making the most awesome boardgame ever.

Let's see... area control... resource gathering. Yup, breaking the euro mould there.

On a side note, the game does sound cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:

To be honest I kind of feel sorry for you guys.

Which guys?

I kinda feel sorry for you and your need to compartmentalize. It's like your love for Ameritrash games isn't good enough if you don't throw in a hefty load of hate for Euros on the daily basis.

Seriously, I never really understood this antagonism. Personally, I love a good game. I don't care if it's a party game, Eurogame, Ameritrash.. who gives a damn. If I can draw enjoyment out of it, and find a crowd I can play it with, I'll take it. Restricting oneself to only one camp is like deciding that from now on you are only watching Swedish dramas. And if that's not enough for you, and you only feel complete if you spend your days fraternizing with other Swedish drama fans with most of your conversations not revolving around Swedish drama movies but rather how lame fans of horror movies are, then something's seriously wrong.

Fanhatism and fanboyism are really two sides of the same coin. It's sad if you don't realize that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
I mean it just got announced we are getting the big budget super epic of the winter - motherfuckin' Runewars.

And you're all excited and shit, and then find out it was directed by Uwe Boll and produced by Michael Bay. OH WELL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Ross
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mb
While you guys argue, I'll patiently wait for the Dominion: Catapult expansion.

That's bound to be a frickin' unbelievable hybrid of Euro mechanics with Ameritrash awesomeness. It'll come packaged with a real catapult that you use to LIKE, REALLY SHOOT AT THE OTHER PLAYERS! At last we'll have attack cards that feel like attacks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
Restricting oneself to only one camp is like deciding that from now on you are only watching Swedish dramas. And if that's not enough for you, and you only feel complete if you spend your days fraternizing with other Swedish drama fans with most of your conversations not revolving around Swedish drama movies but rather how lame fans of horror movies are, then something's seriously wrong.

Too damn right .. anyone been watching "Wallander"? It's awesome! But i didn't see how the one ended last night with the kid wired up to the bomb - anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Thron
United States
Caldwell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gyges wrote:
MrSkeletor wrote:

As opposed to what, the cool kids who play all the hip sci-fi games?
Face facts, man. We're all nerds here.

laughlaughlaugh
This put me in a very good mood this morning. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.