Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started a new GeekList, but when I save my header and view the list, the space where the header would be is just blank. I can go in and edit the header just like it's really there, but you can't view it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
Anything unusual in the header? The only thing that has changed recently in geeklists is the quickComment--I don't think that should affect the header.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured out that it has to do with a URL link that I am putting in there. When I copy and paste the web address and then use the URL function key to turn it into a link, it makes the entire header (text only) disappear. Of course, I could just forgo the link, but it still seems to be an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A blank at the end of a link can cause such problems, for example:
Werbaer wrote:
It seems to be the empty space trailing the first url:
[url]http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/ [/url]

remove it, and it works:
[url]http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/[/url]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went and found the same information on another site and it worked. Must have been something wrong with the web address. Who knows? Thanks for all the quick input and help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rowdyray wrote:
I figured out that it has to do with a URL link that I am putting in there. When I copy and paste the web address and then use the URL function key to turn it into a link, it makes the entire header (text only) disappear. Of course, I could just forgo the link, but it still seems to be an issue.

I had the same problem a few days ago with a review. I fixed the problem by isolating the link from the main body text with a colon before the url.

Just wanted to add here that I really enjoy your geeklists. A new list from you is a "must read."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MichaelLavoie wrote:
rowdyray wrote:

I had the same problem a few days ago with a review. I fixed the problem by isolating the link from the main body text with a colon before the url.

Just wanted to add here that I really enjoy your geeklists. A new list from you is a "must read."

Thanks for the nice words. They are appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.