Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks and sounds amazing!

As this is a co-operative game (up to a point) is it going to be possible to play this solo?

Cheers !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no reason why this shouldn't be possible, after reading the rules. In Saigo this wouldn't work, but here with the common goal it should be possible.

I assume that it could work something like that, 2 players rule apply. The action cards for the unnamed player are shuffled, after each of your actions one is revealed and executed. If you manage to find the complete armor or close the portal before the 14 cataclysm you win, otherwise you lose.

Probably another rule is needed to simulate the shortage of some gift cards, but honestly in order to make such a variant it you have to play the game first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no 'official' solo variant at the moment, but you are more than welcome to try and devise one. As we tried to focus on the "cooperative but competitive" aspect, it would probably work only co-op after a few tweaks.
As Joachim said - the rules do introduce a lot of space for the players' ideas. If you think of a good solo play variant, please do not hesitate to post it on the Geek! I'd like to see one myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
A "true" co-op variant would be attractive too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.