Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Deschenes
Canada
Wallaceburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone could help me find a copy of this for sale in North America? Seems to be hard to find this one in FLGS around here in Canada.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up 2 copies of this at the Bookstore Chain "Borders" yesterday. Not sure if they have those in the Great White North..but maybe something similiar.

(Edit) Just found a couple on ebay and added them to the page here. One is an unopened box..The other auction has no mechs in it and is just the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Reed
United States
Clayton
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cygnus 2112 you are a lucky ^*+^£. . I've scoured our local Borders with no luck.

There was supposed to be a reprint celbrating the 25th anniversary out. However, there have been production problems and they're thinking now it will be out later in the year or early next year.

In the meantime, you can try to pry one of Cygnus' copies out of him or keep searching the web. If you're not very familar with the gameplay you can go over to www.classicbattletech.com an go to the "Leap in!" section. They've got a printAble version of some Quickstart rules. (see my recent session reports.) They also have the larger Intro Rulebook (similar to the one that comes in the box.) There are also record sheets for the mechs. The only thing missing, maps. But you can still find those on eBay & elsewhere.

While the minis are cool, they're not absolutely necessary to get your feet wet.

When you go to that website you'll see that there's a pretty active community.

Now Cygnus, I would be interested to know how much one of those box sets would bring you on eBay. You could sell them both, save the money and get some cool new stuff in a few months.

Follow up edit: I looked up 8 different locations around the country (looked up zip code of places I used to live, searched Borders inventory for the area and then put the "Likely in Stores" on a list to call.) and the first one I called said they had it and are shipping it to me for a $5.00 fee. They weren't sure about sending it to Canada. You might want to try the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran to two differnt stores each on opposite ends of Minneapolis to get them both, but yes I did think I was lucky. They were the only 2 in town. I did try the same thing you did and searched Borders with a Chicago zip code and found a couple stores that where "likely in stock". Hopefully that helps.

(p.s. sorry..not prying either one of these out of my hands )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Duggan
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I'd had this on my Amazon.com "shopping list" for ages, and now its no longer available from amazon (except for $200+) Shows what happens when I wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but when the new 25th Anniversary edition is available, the "old" version will not be worth as much, likely.

I guess it depends on the individual, but I certainly don't see this as being worth $200 in any event. And if it is, perhaps we can discuss a transaction, as I own a copy of this myself and would be willing to part with it for $200.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Deschenes
Canada
Wallaceburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mojayhawk wrote:
Cygnus 2112 you are a lucky ^*+^£. . I've scoured our local Borders with no luck.

There was supposed to be a reprint celbrating the 25th anniversary out. However, there have been production problems and they're thinking now it will be out later in the year or early next year.

In the meantime, you can try to pry one of Cygnus' copies out of him or keep searching the web. If you're not very familar with the gameplay you can go over to www.classicbattletech.com an go to the "Leap in!" section. They've got a printAble version of some Quickstart rules. (see my recent session reports.) They also have the larger Intro Rulebook (similar to the one that comes in the box.) There are also record sheets for the mechs. The only thing missing, maps. But you can still find those on eBay & elsewhere.

While the minis are cool, they're not absolutely necessary to get your feet wet.

When you go to that website you'll see that there's a pretty active community.

Now Cygnus, I would be interested to know how much one of those box sets would bring you on eBay. You could sell them both, save the money and get some cool new stuff in a few months.

Follow up edit: I looked up 8 different locations around the country (looked up zip code of places I used to live, searched Borders inventory for the area and then put the "Likely in Stores" on a list to call.) and the first one I called said they had it and are shipping it to me for a $5.00 fee. They weren't sure about sending it to Canada. You might want to try the same thing.

Thanks for doing the legwork! I have a feeling I may have to wait on it for a bit longer, but I will definately look into the online rules on the website.

I'll simply have to rename my Atlas to Optimus Prime, and my Hellbringer to Megatron. Who needs minis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Haynam
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll sell you mine. 20 bucks plus s&h. I've only played it once. Minis are all unpainted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.