United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Milvian Bridge - 312 AD
Brother against Brother (in-law)

I was excited to get all my purple blocks stickered (need to redo the Auxila Troops so they have the white circle... doh) and was looking forward to a Roman on Roman battle as I wanted to see the clash of Red and Purple on the field. To my amazement the only scenario using Red and Purple (in the expansion 4 book) is the Battle of Milvian Bridge.

I setup using the blocks laying down, my preference and also because I only place stickers on one side. I also used an Arts Cow deck designed by _????_ (hmmm... The photos and files seem to be gone from BGG)... Any how they are nicely done in image form but became a little blurry when printed. Regardless they are a nice change from the Spartan base C&C cards.

with the board set and cards dealt the battle started.

Constantine kept getting right flank cards that allowed his cavalry to move forward and keep Maxentius’ left pinned against the river. Maxentius countered with right flank cards to keep Constantine’s forces tied up. Constantine was then able to mobilize the center first which Maxentius met at midfield. From there it turned into a slug fest. Maxentius was up against the proverbial wall so had no choice but to fight hard and dirty. The field became a well defined diagonal slash.

Even with Constantine being out numbered it did not seem like a fair fight as Maxentius had only one leader on the board. The retreat flags scored by Constantine’s cavalry put a big hurt on Maxentius' efforts as these caused many casualties. Maxentius did manage to inflict a bit of damage but not nearly enough as the final flag count ended 9 to 3... and so history remains some what preserved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.