Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: make [+] [View All]
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

These are repurposed UNO Wild Tiles. I printed the images on card stock and applied adhesive to the back and laminated the top. My wife's 1 inch diameter craft circle punch was exactly the right size to cut them out. Then I painstakingly applied the stickers to the tokens. The backs are blank.
Also, the tiles had "flashing" (?) on the edge, so I filed that off easily with a nail file.
UNO Wild Tiles comes with 112 tokens, so I used 110; Settlers has 90 resource cards; Settlers of Canaan has 115; Geographies/Germany has 95, I think. So I'll use these for each of those games.
I haven't gotten to play yet with them, but I like the idea of holding, trading and spending tokens rather than cards. Plus, having them on the board may make them easier for players to collect.
My concerns are that they are pretty slick and stacks slide apart easily. Also, stacks on the board may interfere with visibility of the number tokens on the hexes. When I get to try them in a game I'll post my impressions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Intruiging idea - how do you keep the resources secret? How does the robber stealing a card work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The backs are blank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
superbgg wrote:
Intruiging idea - how do you keep the resources secret? How does the robber stealing a card work?
He said the backs were blank. so I'd imagine you just put them face down if the Robber comes to visit.

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey L
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your creativity! I think it's a bit odd that you used the 3rd edition art when you have a 4th edition game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.