Popular Tags: [View All]
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In a word, yes. There are plenty of opportunities to sacrifice a unit with Rock Lobber, including after damage has been assigned but before damage has been applied.

I'm not 100% sure that they won't eventually make a change in some fashion since a sacrificed unit in this case effectively dodges/neutralizes combat damage assigned to it, deals its own combat damage and still deal 2 damage by way of Rock Lobber to a target unit or section of a capitol. As of now though it is a piece brutal brilliance that adheres to the rules as written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alfaro
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:

They should've called it the Orcapult like in W:aR

Why? In actual Warhammer it is called a Rock Lobber and I would rather the game be more faithful to its roots than a spin-off computer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:
I don't think they'll change anything because although it is definitely awesome, you still have to pay 2 resources for it.

Because 2 resources to allow a unit that was going to die anyway to essentially do damage twice is not something hard to accomplish at all. As a matter of fact not hard to accomplish more than once even in the same combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alfaro
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, I see what you are getting at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Stone
United States
Dallas
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:
Of course it's not hard to accomplish, it's just not as efficient. If there's anything overpowered about the lobber, it's that you get to choose the area you hit instead of the corresponding area. You're still net 1 resource for 1 dmg which isn't a very good deal.

lol. We'll have to agree to disagree again. My doing 3-5 damage for what is essentially, two resources, with a terminal unit is fantastic to me, especially considering it soaked up 1-3 damage from another unit or my capitol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.