Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gamealogical Institute is pleased to announce their first game design contest!
In this contest we are looking for a new "training scenario" (see Tactcium rules). There are already 2 that come with the game and a 3rd, "The River", that was posted earlier this month; others are in the works.

Tacticum is an abstract strategy game with a Roman legion theme built around the idea of training scenarios to train up and coming centurion candidates.

To: Field commanders (BGG members, GI Newsletter subscribers)

We are soliciting new training scenarios for our Centurion candidate development program. You are commanders now because of the lessons you have learned and the battles you have won or survived. What is a vital lesson that every centurion should know?

Rules: your proposed scenario,
I. will use the existing board
II. require no new or additional pieces
III. one rule change or one rule addition is allowed if it reinforces a core tactic
IV. all submissions must be returned to HQ (geekmail me or tony@gamealogical-institute.com) before October 31st.
V. top 2 scenarios will be posted to a new thread around Nov 4th for one week of voting (thumbs)

To the victor,
I. A complete game with a hand crafted wooden version of the game board.
II. Recognition when the the scenario is published (approx Nov 20)
III. Term of service to the empire reduced by 1 year!

Onward!

Edit: Oct15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule Correction:
III. one rule change or one rule addition...

Victor:
I. Complete game with a hand crafted wooden version of...

...thanks to early responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Small question: what is the maximum number of squads one side can field?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the base game there are 17 regular units and 1 Standard unit per side. One example deployment of that number of units is in the second set up diagram in the rules; each side has set up with 6 Squares and one unit out front (probably a principalis)

Onward
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to several entries; the Tacticum rules have been downloaded 24 times at last count...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple questions:
- If a standard is "trapped" AS A SQUAD - does the team lose?
Or can it be part of a square (or a column) and therefore not be trapped (as it can move with the square/column) ?

-One scenario uses a "river" - Can my scenario use custom "terrain" pieces like that as well?

-Does my scenarios have to come with "fluff" text? Or just the rules and setup?

-Speaking of setup, can you include an image of the empty field, so we can easily customize it for our setups?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
Couple questions:
- If a standard is "trapped" AS A SQUAD - does the team lose?
Or can it be part of a square (or a column) and therefore not be trapped (as it can move with the square/column) ?

-One scenario uses a "river" - Can my scenario use custom "terrain" pieces like that as well?

-Does my scenarios have to come with "fluff" text? Or just the rules and setup?

-Speaking of setup, can you include an image of the empty field, so we can easily customize it for our setups?

Andrew, et al.

- Custom Terrain: sounds reasonable. We'll limit it to 1.
- "Fluff" conundrum: not required, the winning scenario will get the "Centurion Antonius treatment" before final publication.
- if I post a pdf of the grid does that help? the grid is 8x11 of 2cm x 2cm squares.

Centurion Antonius.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A design template has been submitted to the moderators for inclusion on the Tacticum page.

EDIT: Design template file has been approved and is posted as of Sunday evening!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week for submissions in the Tacticum Scenario design contest.

Looking forward to the remaining submissions.

Onward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise
Dont get scared at halloween - devil - but there are only a few days left for Entries. Get those last play tests sessions in and dont forget to have a "stranger" read your rules.

Onward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I got some entries in last night.

We'll be using 12:00 midnight Central Daylight time for the cut off. (and then we all get an extra hour of sleep when the clocks change back!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ripley
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, slight change to the rules.

Since all 5 entries I received were from the same person, there will not be a posting of the 2 best entries for thumbs. I am evaluating the best of the 5 and will then give it the "Centurion Antonius" treatment and post it NLT November 20th.

Onward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.