Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found it interesting that all the player pieces were pre-bagged. In the previous Treefrog games, the components were mixed into one or two bags, with a handful of empty baggies to sort them out yourself. Someone, somewhere, had a little extra time on their hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I found it interesting that all the player pieces were pre-bagged. In the previous Treefrog games, the components were mixed into one or two bags, with a handful of empty baggies to sort them out yourself. Someone, somewhere, had a little extra time on their hands.

For my money, this is related to Hammy's comments that they were investigating new ways to reduce the number of people who were missing components.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jose silva

Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Artocarpus heterophyllus
mbmbmbmbmb
What I noticed after counting the items was that I had an excess of 2 blue cubes, 3 red rails (or sticks) and 1 green rail. It is always good to have replacement items but I just hope these are not missing in someone else copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Stuver
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zezzo wrote:
What I noticed after counting the items was that I had an excess of 2 blue cubes, 3 red rails (or sticks) and 1 green rail. It is always good to have replacement items but I just hope these are not missing in someone else copy

Wow, I got the exact same thing for extras, except I have 3 green and 1 red. I put the blue cubes in my Tinner's Trail box. Can always use some extra water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also had extra components.

It seems that each player also has two extra discs. I couldn't figure out what they are for. It seems you only need either and there are ten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zezzo wrote:

As far as I can tell, the number of green and red sticks is first-pass irrelevant.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The components for Last Train were bagged by us rather than our component suppliers. There were a couple of reasons for this.

Firstly we had a lot of spare components (about 30% of what was needed for the game) and wanted to use them up.

Secondly it was an attempt to see how much work was involved in us doing the bagging and to see if we got better reliability in terms of numbers of bits.

The red and green sticks were weighed out and we set our scales to 62 of each just in case so I expect most sets have one or two extras.

The 10 disks when you only need 8 are there because the rules say 10 disks and if we only put 8 in there would be a flood of people demanding the extra 2 disks even though there is no use for them.

Time will tell if us doing the bagging will happen again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hammy wrote:
The components for Last Train were bagged by us rather than our component suppliers. There were a couple of reasons for this.

Firstly we had a lot of spare components (about 30% of what was needed for the game) and wanted to use them up.

I knew I'd seen that cheese somewhere before.
Quote:

Secondly it was an attempt to see how much work was involved in us doing the bagging and to see if we got better reliability in terms of numbers of bits.

Out of curiosity, did you use any containers or other arrangements to make the bagging go faster? Did it help?

B>

ps. I applaud your efforts to get component errors down, even though Warfrog service in getting replacements out is top-notch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
mbmbmbmb
The pre-bagged components were a pleasant surprise, thanks for that! Although I don't mind bagging components myself, it was nice to have the work done already. I got a few extra bits as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hammy wrote:
The 10 disks when you only need 8 are there because the rules say 10 disks and if we only put 8 in there would be a flood of people demanding the extra 2 disks even though there is no use for them.

Ok, this is hilarious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Hammy wrote:

Ok, this is hilarious!

It may be hillarious but sadly it is true.

We have in the past had requests for a single missing plastic copper coin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Out of curiosity, did you use any containers or other arrangements to make the bagging go faster? Did it help?

ps. I applaud your efforts to get component errors down, even though Warfrog service in getting replacements out is top-notch.

I made some pill counter style devices for counting cubes and small numbers of sticks although sticks are a bit of a pain to arrange neatly to count that way.

We have a fancy pair of electronic scales that will 'count' components but because the components are wood you run the risk of getting numbers wrong when you are doing large volumes. As a result the red and green sticks were counted in 62s on the scales to make sure each game got at least 60.

In future games some of the non number sensitive components may have their count listed as approximately N rather than N. I would be stunned if anyone ran out of red or green sticks in Last Train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zezzo wrote:

Actually, on checking, 1 extra blue rail piece here. Didn't bother to count cubes (they looked about equal) or red/green sticks as they're irrelevant in number. I have removed the extra blue stick from the cheaty blue player's bag.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
Windham
Connecticut
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
We had 2 extra blue clubes. I didn't count the red and green sticks, but we probably had an extra one or two there as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Martin
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My component set was ALMOST correct.

I ended up with 5!!! extra black player discs (15 total)

Only 24 red passengers, and 26 green passengers. So for now I will just make them all 24 passengers which shouldn't effect gameplay according to my count. At least until I get around to painting one green to a red.

I also ended with 3 extra green tracks. Hammy, you want this information e-mailed to you for your quality control #'s?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bas van der Meer
Netherlands
Oegstgeest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I got home from Essen with my copy, I found out that there were 2 bags with blue pieces in my box, but the bag with black pieces was missing. I mailed about it to Treefrog, and they promptly send me a replacement. Good customer service from Martin. Thanx for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.