Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have a couple more questions that have not been answered yet that cropped up in a game tonight

1) Sauron Actions

At the start of saurons turn, there is a marker on 6 influence, a marker on the 2nd 2 of Plot/Shadow Cards and a marker on 3 minion commands. Sauron starts his action phase by placing an action on gain 5 influence, the an action on gain 4 influence, the 3rd action goes on 2 minion commands and lasty gain a plot card. This leaves the one action marker on the rightmost plot/shadow card action. as with the 4th action taken sauron takes back the other 3 markers.

The next shadow turn starts, when it comes to the action phase can sauron place an action on the leftmost take 2 plot/shadow cards or does he have to wait until the the marker that is already on the rightmost take 1 plot/shadow card has been removed?

I think that he can place the marker one the leftmost marker straight away, is this the case?

2)The "A Broken Line of Kings" plot card is played, affecting the haven of Erebor. A subsequent plot phase can the "A Dark Messenger" be played with out affecting the "A Broken Line of Kings" plot? As the text on "A Broken Line of Kings" states "Affects a Haven location (of saurons choice)that does not contain another plot marker and has at least 6 influence adjacent. "

As the rules state the requirement text is ignored after it is played, but the text on a "A Broken Line of Kings" is not in Italics. I know that "A Broken Line of Kings" can not be played on Erebor while a "A Dark Messenger" is in play but can "A Dark Messenger" be played while "A Broken Line of Kings" is in play on Erebor?

3)In combat when the hero choose to not to spend all his agility on drawing more cards, does he get just +1 strength or +1 strength per point of agility. Say a Herpes agility is 4 and she chooses to draw 2 cards from the life pool, does she then get +2 strength or is it just +1?

Thats all the questions that came up while playing. We run out of time for the game so unfortunately is was not finished.

Thanks.
Andy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
1) Sauron Actions

At the start of saurons turn, there is a marker on 6 influence, a marker on the 2nd 2 of Plot/Shadow Cards and a marker on 3 minion commands. Sauron starts his action phase by placing an action on gain 5 influence, the an action on gain 4 influence, the 3rd action goes on 2 minion commands and lasty gain a plot card. This leaves the one action marker on the rightmost plot/shadow card action. as with the 4th action taken sauron takes back the other 3 markers.

This doesn't make sense. As soon as Sauron places a marker on gain 5 influence, there are 4 markers on the board, so the other 3 should be removed. The next influence action would thus be for 6 influence, the next command action would be for 3 commands, and the next card action would be for 2 cards.

Also, how is Sauron playing 4 actions in one turn? Sauron gets 2 actions in a 2-3 player game and 3 actions in a 4-player game.

Quote:
The next shadow turn starts, when it comes to the action phase can sauron place an action on the leftmost take 2 plot/shadow cards or does he have to wait until the the marker that is already on the rightmost take 1 plot/shadow card has been removed?

I think that he can place the marker one the leftmost marker straight away, is this the case?

Sauron can always use the leftmost action that is not covered with a marker.

Quote:
3)In combat when the hero choose to not to spend all his agility on drawing more cards, does he get just +1 strength or +1 strength per point of agility. Say a Herpes agility is 4 and she chooses to draw 2 cards from the life pool, does she then get +2 strength or is it just +1?

+2 strength, 1 per unspent point of agility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
peltazoid wrote:
1) Sauron Actions

This doesn't make sense. As soon as Sauron places a marker on gain 5 influence, there are 4 markers on the board, so the other 3 should be removed. The next influence action would thus be for 6 influence, the next command action would be for 3 commands, and the next card action would be for 2 cards.

Also, how is Sauron playing 4 actions in one turn? Sauron gets 2 actions in a 2-3 player game and 3 actions in a 4-player game.

Ah, I re-read the rules and I was mistaken. I thought it was one action per player and not 3 actions for a 4 player game. That changes things somewhat.

Quote:

Quote:

Sauron can always use the leftmost action that is not covered with a marker.

Thanks, I thought that was the case but became slightly unsure.

Quote:

Quote:

+2 strength, 1 per unspent point of agility.

Thanks for the clarification on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
2)The "A Broken Line of Kings" plot card is played, affecting the haven of Erebor. A subsequent plot phase can the "A Dark Messenger" be played with out affecting the "A Broken Line of Kings" plot? As the text on "A Broken Line of Kings" states "Affects a Haven location (of saurons choice)that does not contain another plot marker and has at least 6 influence adjacent. "

As the rules state the requirement text is ignored after it is played, but the text on a "A Broken Line of Kings" is not in Italics. I know that "A Broken Line of Kings" can not be played on Erebor while a "A Dark Messenger" is in play but can "A Dark Messenger" be played while "A Broken Line of Kings" is in play on Erebor?

Based on the rules bit you refer to, ADM is okay after ABLoK, but one can't play ABLoK to affect Erebor with AMD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how I saw it as well.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.