Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Warhammer: Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: Am I mad? - Number of players. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Wright
United Kingdom
Stockton-on-tees
Teesside
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The back of the english box says 2-4 players yet there are no rules for more than two in the box.

Are the player 3 and 4 slots cheer leaders for the two main players?

What sort of pom poms do you take to an Orcs vs Dwarfs battle field?

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan DeHaan
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well first, obviously they'd be Iron pom-poms covered in spikes.

With that out of the way, the 4 player rules are quite simple. Players 1 and 2 play the game. 3 and 4 make a trip to Rosewood, Minnesota and demand that FFG make good on the multi-player promise, in person.

And while they're there and making demands, they can demand a few free games from the warehouse for their inconvenience. *

(* The opinions of this post do not reflect the opinions of this authors, nor is it a true recommendation to go to FFG and demand free games. If, however, someone tries this and it works, they are dutybound to tell us all.)
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aulayan wrote:
Well first, obviously they'd be Iron pom-poms covered in spikes.


I'd like to know exactly what kind of cheeer leaders you have in mind...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc-Andre Blanchet
Canada
Sherbrooke
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Echtalion wrote:
Aulayan wrote:
Well first, obviously they'd be Iron pom-poms covered in spikes.


I'd like to know exactly what kind of cheeer leaders you have in mind...


Why, goblins of course!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dicorato
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hellium wrote:
The back of the english box says 2-4 players yet there are no rules for more than two in the box.

Are the player 3 and 4 slots cheer leaders for the two main players?

What sort of pom poms do you take to an Orcs vs Dwarfs battle field?



Well there are 4 decks in the box so you could play two 2-player games. As of now, there are not rules for a multi-player game, but as far as I can tell, there are plans to make it a multi-player game. It's evident by the wording of some cards. Some refer to "opponents" rather than opponent. My experience with Magic leads me to believe this is intentional (since WotC does it with their cards specifically for multi-player play) so that the game could be played as a multi-player game in the future. I think since the core set is so small, it's not really ready for multi-player play out of the box. You would probably need to get a second core set.

But that's not stopping you from creating your own way of playing multi-player. For example one way to play multi-player Magic is to only attack the person to your left. Last player standing is the winner, obviously.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aulayan wrote:
Players 1 and 2 play the game. 3 and 4 make a trip to Rosewood, Minnesota and demand that FFG make good on the multi-player promise, in person.


Being from Minnesota, I had to chuckle at the mistaken city name here. I think you meant, Roseville, Minnesota rather than Rosewood.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Frid
Sweden
Kävlinge
Skåne
flag msg tools
200 gg...
badge
down the drain!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Echtalion wrote:
Aulayan wrote:
Well first, obviously they'd be Iron pom-poms covered in spikes.


I'd like to know exactly what kind of cheeer leaders you have in mind...

I would suppose one of these:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan DeHaan
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
Aulayan wrote:
Players 1 and 2 play the game. 3 and 4 make a trip to Rosewood, Minnesota and demand that FFG make good on the multi-player promise, in person.


Being from Minnesota, I had to chuckle at the mistaken city name here. I think you meant, Roseville, Minnesota rather than Rosewood.



...That was...On purpose. Yeah that's it! So that way FFG wouldn't get insane fanbois descending upon them, claiming to be the 3rd and 4th players of Warhammer: Invasion. Yeah. That's the ticket.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryadic wrote:
Well there are 4 decks in the box so you could play two 2-player games.

Technically, there aren't enough neutral cards to fill out 4 decks. But you could either play with light decks of 46 cards, or buy a second starter to add more players.

Ryadic wrote:
As of now, there are not rules for a multi-player game, but as far as I can tell, there are plans to make it a multi-player game. ...

But that's not stopping you from creating your own way of playing multi-player. For example one way to play multi-player Magic is to only attack the person to your left. Last player standing is the winner, obviously.

I would say this is the way to go, for now. The cards can handle multi-player games, so your game group just needs to decide how structured they want things. If you want lots of wheeling, dealing and threats, then allow attacks against anyone. For a less social and more strategic game, limit the attack target options.

(One fun framework might be that you can only attack the Quest zone of the player to your left, the Kingdom of the player to your right, and the Battlefield of the player across from you. Make it mimic the way that the capitols are laid out.)

(And I suppose you can attack both Battlefields in a three player game.)

(I just felt like adding another parenthetical comment.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwian wrote:

Technically, there aren't enough neutral cards to fill out 4 decks. But you could either play with light decks of 46 cards, or buy a second starter to add more players.


"Technically", there are. Add the Elves and the alliances to create 4 50-card decks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.