Recommend
27 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Sympathy thumbs needed (actually advice would be good too) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denyse
Guernsey
Guernsey
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have moved house,

from the very beautiful Carcassonne in France to the very very very small island of Guernsey, Channel Islands.

25 square miles, population 60,000 and how many gamers? 1, me.

Help! (seriously help!)
29 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
www.WorldOfWarcraft.com
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Start a game club. Guernsey will be full of bored people waiting for your lead.

Also, I was born in the back bedroom of a house called Little Guernsey.
18 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:


Pass on the above, theres nothing in it worth the cost of the game plus 15 bucks a month.

Have you looked at vassal? Im not sure what games you play but you might be able to find some of them on there.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are probably some Le Marquand's there. Supposedly that's where my paternal side hails from. Try gaming with them. However, knowing my father, they might just yell "get off my lawn" or some such thing.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denyse
Guernsey
Guernsey
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:


Thanks, I get my online fix at yucata, I miss proper sitting at the table gaming
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denyse
Guernsey
Guernsey
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Start a game club. Guernsey will be full of bored people waiting for your lead.

Also, I was born in the back bedroom of a house called Little Guernsey.


Jon I hve every intention of picking your brains on how to set up a successful gaming group, I put an ad in the local paper and had zero response, posted notices in the community centres again no replies

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denyse
Guernsey
Guernsey
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:
There are probably some Le Marquand's there. Supposedly that's where my paternal side hails from. Try gaming with them. However, knowing my father, they might just yell "get off my lawn" or some such thing.


Yup, many Le Marquands here. None of them replied to my newspaper ad for fellow games players though.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dejah_Thoris wrote:
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Start a game club. Guernsey will be full of bored people waiting for your lead.

Also, I was born in the back bedroom of a house called Little Guernsey.


Jon I hve every intention of picking your brains on how to set up a successful gaming group, I put an ad in the local paper and had zero response, posted notices in the community centres again no replies



Its a year from this summer but the wife and I are heading to France the next summer (this summer is Greece), so we could probably look you up for a game night! (Just trying to help )
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Start small. Invite a co-worker/neighbor/friend/whatever over for dinner and a board game some night. Try something EXTREMELY light and newbie-friendly. If they enjoy it, they'll likely be interested in playing again some time. Over time, they'll tell their friends, etc. etc.
11 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dejah_Thoris wrote:

from the very beautiful Carcassonne in France to the very very very small island of Guernsey, Channel Islands.


So, trying different kinds of heaven?
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denyse
Guernsey
Guernsey
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
Start small. Invite a co-worker/neighbor/friend/whatever over for dinner and a board game some night. Try something EXTREMELY light and newbie-friendly. If they enjoy it, they'll likely be interested in playing again some time. Over time, they'll tell their friends, etc. etc.


Yeah, I have been doing this, such a slow process though, and quite difficult to persuade people to give it a try.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Does this help?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=flag&count...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry about the gamers, but, gosh that sounds like a lovely place to live!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dejah_Thoris wrote:
So I have moved house,

from the very beautiful Carcassonne in France to the very very very small island of Guernsey, Channel Islands.

25 square miles, population 60,000 and how many gamers? 1, me.

Help! (seriously help!)


Well I have a great solution my dearest geekbuddy!!

3 round-trip tickets for the mystery family!!!

YEAH!!! Win, win!!

kiss

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denyse
Guernsey
Guernsey
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:


Wow!! 1 of them might actually be an active gamer, yey.

Thanks
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denyse
Guernsey
Guernsey
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
I'm sorry about the gamers, but, gosh that sounds like a lovely place to live!


not as nice as Carcassonne, I miss France
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.