Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the draft rules look pretty clever, and I'm looking forward to trying them out. However, as written, it looks like you end up with an approximately 40 card deck. That seems pretty darn low.

Would seem to give a pretty big boost to whomever got Infiltrate.

Are these numbers just in here because that's what will work with the Core set's number of included cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Moulton
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the draft game the other day and it did seem like a pretty small deck. My problem with it is that you have to keep every card you draft. When you get to the end of a draft pack the cards you are taking are not the best but with only 40 cards at the end you can afford to leave any out. I guess we could just draft more packs but that would probably use all the cards in the game and we might as well just build a deck without the draft alltogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
40 cards is normal deck size for magic and if anything this game seems to end earlier than magic in most cases, at least the games I have played. I do agree with Kris that it would be nice to actually build the deck a little, maybe just another drafting version when they have multiplayer games/tournaments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the counterdraft makes it more interesting than just "building a deck without the draft altogether".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
I think the counterdraft makes it more interesting than just "building a deck without the draft altogether".

Who are you quoting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Moulton
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:

And it did feel like it added something to the draft, I just think it will be better when there are more cards available and maybe using a few more packs so you don't have to use every card you draft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nibuen wrote:
Windopaene wrote:

Who are you quoting?

Kris, two posts or so above mine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah i see, sorry about that. I also wonder with expansions coming it will still just be a big pile of cards shuffled together. Hopefully there will be new rules at least for how to put together the draft pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
nibuen wrote:
ah i see, sorry about that. I also wonder with expansions coming it will still just be a big pile of cards shuffled together. Hopefully there will be new rules at least for how to put together the draft pile.

I'm going through old threads on drafting, as I've just gotten into the game and am buying a crap ton of expansions, so have the drafting rules been amended at all?

Edit: I see they haven't, so I came up with my own Updated Draft Variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.