Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My thought is to call it the Typhoid Mary card. It will be in the player draw deck and will make the NEXT player become Typhoid Mary.

That player will be required to move to four unique cities and take NO other actions (removing disease cubes, trading cards, curing disease, building research stations etc)
Flying would not be allowed because it would take an action.

Each city the player goes to will receive ONE purple cube which equals 1/3 of the total amount of the purple disease cubes.

The normal rules would still apply. Outbreaks can still occur and if the purple cubes run out then the game is lost just as normal.

It would only be a game that could be played with the mutation challenge. It could technically be played with the bio-terrorist challenge but I think it would be to easy to lose the game because the bio-terrorist can add extra purple cubes to the game already and it would make them too powerful.

I am trying to come up with ideas on how to play it without using the purple cubes.

Ideas so far are to make the player move to eight cities and dropping one cube in each city based on the color of the city (yellow, blue, red, or black).

I am not so sure it would have the same effect that the purple cubes would have but if anybody has any ideas I would love to hear them. Perhaps with the bio-terrorist it could work.

The only way I have tried this variant is playing with the mutation challenge. It turned out to be very difficult. We had enough cubes but were forced to deal with one outbreak and only ended up with three cubes left.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Onstad
United States
Donald
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is an interesting idea. But rather than make it a special event card, what about a virulent strain card? The player after the one who draws it must travel as you said placing one cube of the virulent strain color on each space? That way you would not have to use the purple cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Posey
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, so this special event adds cubes to the board and makes the game harder? Discard pile it is! No way I would play it, and why would anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azimuth
United States
flag msg tools
This would work well as a "Crisis card" from the Threat Level 6 unofficial expansion, which are played immediately. In fact, I think I may substitute this effect for the current "infected" card, which strips a player of their powers until a cure is found for the color of city they're in, as I found that to be way too nasty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.