Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a few more quests this weekend.

CLAUSTROPHOBIA: Claustrophobia was fun and seemed to be all there.

DEMONIC POSSESSION: Demonic Possession was also fun and worked fairly well, but there's a flaw, albeit minor compared to some of the other quests. There is no yellow rune key. My suggestion: give it to the Red Giant. Additionally, you must play with the following rule: the OL may not place a crushing block such that the demon has no path to and over the rift.

Update: FAQ fixed all of this.

SIEGE OF TAMALIR: We didn't play this one yet, but confused the markings for rune doors, whereas they only mark off areas, so heads up on that.

Update: FAQ addresed most of the problems.

SHADOWS HIDE THE TRUTH: Mixed reaction here. The first play was fun because the party didn't know what to do with the Executioner and were hurrying along at a nice pace. The second try revealed some real downsides. The glyphs are soooo far from the final room. Each time, there would be heroes detailed to town to attack the Executioner for conquest, while others tried to get in and finish the dungeon. It ended up as one big churning hamster wheel. The people in town were bored, and the people trying to get to the final room without dying were frustrated. NOTE TO OL: It says in the OL text that Lisadar "must be carried away from the fight." What does that mean? Must she be carried out of the room or out of the dungeon or none of the above? Because if you kill the boss, you win. So it seems like you don't need to carry her out or pay any attention to her at all. In fact, if you pick her up, you start losing conquest even faster. You'll probably need to decide ahead of time what goal there is with this princess, or whether there is none.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A DEATHLY PROBLEM: Played this one, too, and it worked pretty well. First run through, got creamed. Second run through, made it much further. There is a little bit of an issue as to how much the OL should reveal about the tricks and when, but overall, this one functions and is shortish and decent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siege of Tamalir: Also, note that the description for Area 1 actually goes with Area 2 and its description. Therefore, there is no Area 1 description. Area 1 must be the start area because there is an activated glyph, though it's strange because there's an unactivated glyph just 5 spaces to the right of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BY A BROTHER BETRAYED: The text refers to the two master bane spiders on the board, when there is only one. It also says if they both appear at once, substitute a white for a red, even though the game comes with three red. OK. So we can all figure that the white spider on the map was supposed to be red, and the guy writing the quest didn't know how many red ones came with the game. But the other issue is this: the map shows a red and a blue rune area. Are those rune-locked doors? Not doors? There's only a key for one that I could find. What is the difference on the map between the white doors with square ends versus triangle ends? Also, it seems quite concerning that for a map that size, there is only ONE glyph besides the starting glyph. Moreover, there is only one chest with conquest in it, so the heroes can only ever get six conquest beyond the starting five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the red and blue keys are both in area 6 (left and right sides). I think the idea is that the party can make a run up the centre to get the two keys, then work their way backto the start and round the left and right while avoiding the two spiders, although why anyone would bother is a bit beyond me.

If the two rune doors had been blocking the final two rooms, it would have made more sense. I agree that both spiders are supposed to be master ones, and that the author didn't realise there were several available in the game.

Triangular ends are just supposed to mean the door also marks the edge of a separate area, as opposed to square ends, which might be inside an area rather than forming the edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
DEMONIC POSSESSION: There is no yellow rune key. My suggestion: give it to the Red Giant.

I can't see it either. Area 2 seems the most likely place.

Quote:

SHADOWS HIDE THE TRUTH: NOTE TO OL: It says in the OL text that Lisadar "must be carried away from the fight." What does that mean? Must she be carried out of the room or out of the dungeon or none of the above? Because if you kill the boss, you win. So it seems like you don't need to carry her out or pay any attention to her at all. In fact, if you pick her up, you start losing conquest even faster. You'll probably need to decide ahead of time what goal there is with this princess, or whether there is none.

It depends on the situation:
If the players enter the encounter space and the boss isn't dead, they must trigger the "carry out" rule - I think they must move her to the exit before running out of tokens. Alternatively, they can just kill the boss, which is probably easier unless the party have sustained major losses, in which case they may just try and make a run for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.