Subject: Fargo/Moorhead area looking for gamers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ty Triebenbach
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, I am looking for more people to play differnet boardgames, Agricola, Catan, Twilight Imperium, Risk, Talisman 4th, Powergrid, BattleStar G, Desent and more. We have a small group of 2 guys that play real hard and 2 others that come and go. We normally play Sunday nights after 6 and Wednesday night 5:30. send me a PM if you want in... Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Came up with this based on a hint saw in another thread. It will show users in North Dakota.

http://www.geekdo.com/browser.php?itemtype=flag&country=Unit...

Click here for people in Fargo:

http://www.geekdo.com/browser.php?itemtype=flag&country=Unit...

Exercise for the reader to look for Moorhead, MN users!

For folks in the FM area, I'm also interested in getting together for some boardgaming. Feel free to drop me a line in addition to Ty!

--tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally host game night at my house in Moorhead on Saturday Nights. Tim there posting above me has joined me on occasion.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Lance has got a great group going there! Look forward to more gaming with him and his buddies... just haven't been able to connect lately due to work (which has sucked). I got introduced to Talisman and Small World with those guys. Fun stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the F-M area, but unfortunately your game nights conflict with my already established ones. laugh

I don't know of any boardgame groups in the area, as of yet, but it's starting to look like there may be more and more interest in one. Might be something to consider.

I do a lot of wargaming. So if anyone is looking to give them a whirl, I'll be more than happy to accomodate. Wargamers seem to be a even rarer breed than boardgamers around here. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And then mr. run off to who knows where doesn't bother coming back...

BTW buddy - this Saturday...can you make it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lance,

LOL! Yeah -- sorry! My family seems to think that they should come before gaming. Sowadyado? I should be able to make it this weekend. Shoot me a PM about when you guys will be starting things up and if I should be bringing anything.

--tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anita Welch
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I am the faculty advisor to the Gamers Guild at NDSU. There is also an active group at MSUM. If you want to play, let me know. Paradox is the store of choice and has ample room for play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What days/night do you play at Paradox?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agwelch wrote:
I am the faculty advisor to the Gamers Guild at NDSU. There is also an active group at MSUM. If you want to play, let me know. Paradox is the store of choice and has ample room for play.

I was under the impression Paradox was primarily for CCG'ers and miniatures players. The few times that I've been there to peruse their board game offerings, it seemed that way anyhow.

Do they have an active boardgaming community meeting there?

--tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zaphod182 wrote:
Hello, I am looking for more people to play differnet boardgames, Agricola, Catan, Twilight Imperium, Risk, Talisman 4th, Powergrid, BattleStar G, Desent and more. We have a small group of 2 guys that play real hard and 2 others that come and go. We normally play Sunday nights after 6 and Wednesday night 5:30. send me a PM if you want in... Thanks,

Did you ever find people to game with you? I was over at Undead Viking's place yesterday and we got in a good game of Agricola. It started off as a 5-player game and got whittled down to 4 after U.V. unfortunately got called away to fix a flat tire.

--tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TScott wrote:
zaphod182 wrote:

Did you ever find people to game with you? I was over at Undead Viking's place yesterday and we got in a good game of Agricola. It started off as a 5-player game and got whittled down to 4 after U.V. unfortunately got called away to fix a flat tire.

--tim

yes...stupid tire.

Pathfinder this weekend Tim...I will geekmail you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UndeadViking wrote:

yes...stupid tire.

Pathfinder this weekend Tim...I will geekmail you.

What was the DC on that anyway? Were you able to Take 20?

--tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Allen
United States
Peoria
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All! I am a Phoenix, AZ gamer who is going to be in the Fargo-Moorhead area for all of February (and off and on for most of the rest of the year) for a project at the Air National Guard base. I am looking for a game group or two to get my game fix with while I am in town. I am also looking for the names of a few game shops as well. I play all sorts of Euro's (I won't have any with me unfortunately) and lately I am completely re-obsessed with RPG's (Pathfinder, Rogue Trader, Mouse Guard, and a few other indies will be with me). I would love to find a roleplaying group as either a player or GM. Thanks in advance for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Tinkham
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help much in general, but a coworker (also a gamer) and I will be in Fargo for about a week towards the end of February. We'll be attending some training at the Microsoft offices there, and will likely be up for some games while we're there. We've gotten interest from one person at the Microsoft office there, but meeting up with other people at night would be great too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the last two posters - feel free to GM me when you will be in town. I play something at my house every weekend and if things work out, having you over should be no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Tinkham
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, my trip got canceled due to a milestone shifting and making it inconvenient for me to be out of the office the week the training is being held. My coworker might still be going, so I'll make sure he knows about this thread too. I'll make it to Fargo sometime, though, as that's about the only place I can take this training without being in Redmond for multiple weeks.

Thanks for the offer, though, Lance! I'll keep it in mind for when I make it up there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls