Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-orders of the War of the Ring Collector's Edition will officially open on thursday, 22nd at 10 am at the Spiel '09 game show in Essen, at the Nexus Games booth in hall 12 and at the Phalanx booth (for the German edition) in hall 9.

The selling price is E 299,99, which includes freight to any address in the European Union.

Each unit includes an individual numbered Certificate from 1 to 2000. Only 1000 units will be ready before Christmas.

Of these 1000 units, 400 english copies will fly to the United States (where they will be distributed by Fantasy Flight Games), 300 english copies will be distributed in Europe by NG International (Nexus Games), and 300 german copies will be distributed by Phalanx Games.

The War of the Ring Collector's Edition is undoubtly an expensive item, but I would ask you to look at it before giving your final judgment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
cybernex wrote:
...I would ask you to look at it before giving your final judgment!

... pictures ...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the US currently, how can I preorder this ASAP? Will FFG have preorders, or will we be allowed to preorder via the Nexus or Phalanx site?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In the USA and Canada, orders will be exclusively handled by Fantasy Flight Games. They should announce in the course of the coming week how they will be handled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
magic gecko
Australia
Melbin Oz
flag msg tools
Is any going to Australia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures are coming, in the course of the next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it of course also possible to order from Australia. The only thing which I guess might change is the shipping cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Could you tell me, what the differences between "normal" and collector's edition are?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
The selling price is E 299,99, which includes freight to any address in the European Union.

That's $447 US at today's exchange rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update... Unfortunately I'm not going to Essen so am on pins and needles waiting for the FFG announcement on how to pre-order. Is there a number of games that have been reserved for FFG or is there a chance that all the english versions could be claimed at Essen?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Euro price is inclusive of sales tax, which is normally higher than the US sales tax. So it should be less than $300 * Euro/dollar rate (FFG should soon announce the price in the USA).
There will be 1000 copies in wave 1 (pre-Christmas).
FFG has indeed a guaranteed allowance out of the first wave, of 400 units. Another 300 units are reserved for the german edition, and another 300 units for distribution by Nexus Games of the english edition to Italy and the E.U. in general.
Another 1000 copies will be available in january 2010. Then, no more WOTR Collector's Edition.

Customers outside of Italy, USA and Canada may order either from FFG or from Nexus, whatever is more convenient to them.

**** SORRY for the typo on "$ 300"- what I meant was "less than $ 400" to reply to the previous calculation of $ 435. The official US price has now indeed been announced to be 399,95****
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter K. Hubig
Germany
bei Aschaffenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Roberto!

That´s great news. At least, can you give us a teaser picture for over the weekend? It would pay off for the very, very long two years of waiting and a wonderful highlight while it´s cold and rainy outside!
Can´t wait until I have it finally in my hands (the game, not the picture )

So sad I can´t come to Essen this year! I wish you and the rest of the Nexus and Phalanx team a succesful fair!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of gameplay, the CE incorporates all the base game components, the "Twilight of the Third Age" components (i.e. all the expansion components related to the strategy game, from the Battles of the 3rd Age Set).

The figure content matches the above, with the addition of a special Gollum figure available before only through special promotions and a NEW Nazgul figure.

All the 246 figures included are hand painted to a very high quality standard.

In addition to this, all the other components have been enhanced.

The rulebook is 80 pages, printed on special italian paper, full colour with many full page illustrations of John Howe's excellent art. It is hard-bound in leather, embossed and with its title hot-stamped in gold.

The two reference sheets have been printed on high-quality italian cardstock.

We have NEW gameboard art, completely painted again from John Howe in order to enhance the gameplay. The gameboard is further enhanced by its larger size (two sections join together to make it 88 x 128 cm - about 3'x4') and by the elvish calligraphy by Daniel Reeve and David Salo (which has been used in a way not to detract from playability).

The counters have been adapted to the new board size, so they
are on average larger than before. All the cardboard components are produced in Germany to guarantee the highest possible quality.

The cards have been produced in tarot-size, making them more beautiful and easier to read. All the card text has been revised and updated to take into account various rules questions which have been arising through the years.

The special dice will be moulded in black and white marble style, and two complete sets of combat dice in a similar style have been included.

An embroidered velvet bag is included to use for drawing Hunt tiles.

Last, all of this is encased in a gorgeous painted wooden and resin box, and accompanyed by a certificate of authenticity with the individual number of the product.

We tried to do our best to make this game worthwhile for you to buy and treasure. I really hope you will feel the same!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
In the USA and Canada, orders will be exclusively handled by Fantasy Flight Games. They should announce in the course of the coming week how they will be handled.

Any idea if it will only be available directly from FFG's website or will it get distributed so we can buy it at our local game stores?

**Edit**
First, I forgot to say "Thank you, Roberto" for this awesome news and for making this a reality.

Second...**DROOL!!!**

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
The cards have been produced in tarot-size, making them more beautiful and easier to read. All the card text has been revised and updated to take into account various rules questions which have been arising through the years.

This really tempts me to get the collector's edition.

I've painted most of the miniatures myself, probably to a better standard than is possible for a sales version, I'm happy with all the other components, and have no room for the wooden box ... but the cards, the cards.

€300 for a set of cards that my gf can read? I must be crazy...

Seriously, I love what you're doing with the CE. It's a lot of money for me, but I'm seriously, seriously tempted. I'll certainly sneak a good look at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter K. Hubig
Germany
bei Aschaffenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Uthoroc:

Please take some photos in Essen from this beauty and post them here....please!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to remember to bring my camera... but even if I forget, I'm sure other BGGers will jump into the breach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sykes
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Roberto,

Could you please confirm if you require full payment at Essen, and if so is it cash only or will CC be an option? I need to know how much currency to change next week

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hristo Filipov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the free shipping to EU only available if the game is pre-ordered at Essen or that doesn't matter? When the game will be available for pre-order online? Will the game be available for purchase only at the Nexus site, or other online stores (in EU coutries) will have it too?
I will really appreciate if anyone that knows answers my questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of me wants to see pictures.

Part of me knows pictures are only going to make it worse.

I think if I were actually going to be at Essen, and see this but not be able to walk out with a copy . . . that might be the worst of all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Finch
United Kingdom
BERKSHIRE
flag msg tools
badge
Rule changes for tonight's game:-
mbmbmbmbmb
JonSykes wrote:
Hi Roberto,

Could you please confirm if you require full payment at Essen, and if so is it cash only or will CC be an option? I need to know how much currency to change next week :)

Cheers

I really want to know the answer to this too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JonSykes wrote:
Hi Roberto,

Could you please confirm if you require full payment at Essen, and if so is it cash only or will CC be an option? I need to know how much currency to change next week

Cheers

We will not require any payment at Essen. We will just allow people to reserve their copy by compiling and leaving their
The credit card will be only charged when the game actually ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hristo Filipov wrote:
Is the free shipping to EU only available if the game is pre-ordered at Essen or that doesn't matter? When the game will be available for pre-order online? Will the game be available for purchase only at the Nexus site, or other online stores (in EU coutries) will have it too?
I will really appreciate if anyone that knows answers my questions

A part of this question I can not really answer for sure, as it is not up to us but also to the policies which our distributors will choose to use.
Definitely the free shipping is granted to the Essen pre-orders, definitely it will be possible to order direct from FFG, Phalanx, and Nexus Games...
The rest will be known as our distributors announce their policies in the coming weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bahaiguy19 wrote:

arrrh

I know I'm not the only American looking to make the pre-order for this collector's edition. Any idea on where and when FFG will post pre-orders?

I think that they shall be opening preorders around the same time we do, that is before the end of the next week. But I am sure they are going to do an official announcement soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
So no new figures for Gandalf the White and Aragorn King?

I'm looking forward to seeing the new board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.