Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Trade List: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/47598
Request list: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/47597
Discussion: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4096547

Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

OK - some simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

GAMES MUST BE VALUED AT $20 OR LESS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS MATH TRADE.

1) Gift certificates, Geekgold, DVDs etc are all permitted.

2) Gift certificate and GG arbitrage are not allowed. This includes excganging one GC of equal value for another.

3) Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) or "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" (game id 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.

If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.

4) You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).

If you are listing an expansion if you reference the base game in the description be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it as this looks, in the OLWLG, as if you are.

5) Your shipping restrictions must be clearly stated and if you are not covering full shipping, you must state precisely how much of the shipping you will cover. "Mirror shipping" is not allowed. Any ambiguity will be interpreted as generosity on your part. This means that if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!
If you are not covering full shipping within your own country, please state clearly where you are shipping from as this will help anyone who is trying to figure out their shipping cost for your item.

If you're shipping and want to pay extra for insurance, without the recipient requesting it, that's your choice and that cost should not be passed on to the recipient without their prior consent.

6) Sweeteners are to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

7) If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know.

8) Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

9) Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "My Geek", then "Contributions" and finally on "GeekList Items". You will then be able to see your items without having to find them in the trade GeekList along with any comments that people have made. You will only need to go back to the trade GeekList to make adjustments or answer questions if there were any.

Other useful information

OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

List Cap: None

Maximum Submissions Per User: Unlimited

Geekgold restrictions:

Users may not post more geekgold than they currently have. Geekgold arbitrage is not allowed.

Key dates (all times CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Now until Sunday, October 25th (10pm)

Want list submission period: Sunday, October 25th (10pm) until Wednesday, October 28th (10pm) - no extensions!

Results posted about an hour thereafter.

Please note that it's best to work on your want list and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Also: Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread.

When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Want list submission

Submissions may be made at any time after the 25th at 10pm, but only by the OLWLG. You may resubmit updated want lists using the OLWLG any time during the submission period. If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss alternatives.

Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results.

Also in the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
With a little more than 12 hours to go, we're still waiting on the following wantlists:

# MISSING 12 WANTS (1.8%) FROM 3 USER(s) (3.2%):
# pboucher (8)
# rsmithx (1)
# Stexe (3)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Official Wants:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/47598-officialwants.txt

Most Wanted:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/mostwanted.cgi?listid=4759...

Results:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/47598-results-official.txt

Results (nice easy-to-read format):
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Reserved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw I'm working on trying to add support to the OLWLG to allow the organizer to have non-game items be assigned a lower priority than game items... not sure I'll have it done in time for when it would be needed (the start of the want list submission period)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big thanks for making this fit right into the window of the other trade - Now I can enter both (mostly with the same items!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
Big thanks for making this fit right into the window of the other trade - Now I can enter both (mostly with the same items!).

yea I was thinking the same thing... the big lots mt has a long running time, meaning this one doesn't compete at all with it as it should be over before the window to add stuff to the other mt closes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never done a math trade. I have a few questions.

1. Currently I only want one item in the list. After Oct. 25th I can determine in order of preference what I'd like to receive correct?
If I only pick one thing there is a good chance I'm just x'd out of the trade right? Is that legitimate?

2. If I want my item(s) to be attractive, why the 'has to be less than $20' thing? Can I pick one (retail $20) game and add sweetners?

3. How to add sweetners and be included in the OLWLG? This....
Quote:
6) Sweeteners are to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

...doesn't make much sense to me.

4. Finally, to make it successful is it best just to list a bunch of games in the Tradelist then request a bunch of equal value stuff in the Requestlist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You determine everything you want to receive. Not best to least.
Yup, one item is fine, and yes, that means less possibility.

2. This is a special trade, to complement the other one that everything has to be $80 + . Most math trades don't have these restrictions.

3. Due to copying, it didn't show up right. Hansa is what it's supposed to look like.

4. Trade list is what you have to trade. Request list is what you want other people to add to the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:

yea I was thinking the same thing... the big lots mt has a long running time, meaning this one doesn't compete at all with it as it should be over before the window to add stuff to the other mt closes

That was my goal. I wasn't exactly sure what deadlines to use, but after checking my schedule, it ended up fitting in perfectly within the 'Bundle Up' Math Trade timeline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Doh! I have an untraded copy of Ra which is valued TOO HIGH for this mathtrade and TOO LOW for the other one. Guess it's going to sit on the shelf unplayed a bit longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MScrivner wrote:
Doh! I have an untraded copy of Ra which is valued TOO HIGH for this mathtrade and TOO LOW for the other one. Guess it's going to sit on the shelf unplayed a bit longer.

step on the box a few times and it will be good for this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the attention. One last thing.

Must you trade if there doesn't end up anything you like or does it just kick you out?

If I enter in 5 games to trade but only pick 2 I like I imagine it will account for me possibly sending out 2 games and receiving 2 games correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
kevintlee wrote:

Must you trade if there doesn't end up anything you like or does it just kick you out?

If I enter in 5 games to trade but only pick 2 I like I imagine it will account for me possibly sending out 2 games and receiving 2 games correct?

If there is nothing that you want that works out then you won't trade. If you enter 5 games and pick two that you like, you might make 2 trades, maybe only 1, or no trades at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kevintlee wrote:

Once you list something for trade, you're actually not obligated to trade it, so there really is no harm in listing anything in math trades.

For example, if you list 5 games for trade and later decide that there's only nothing you find intesting, you'll simply can submit a blank wantlist for your items. Otherwise, you'll submit a want list for any of your items that you are willing to trade for other items on the Trade List.

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but if not, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Steubenville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the answers. I'm going to town on the list. Perhaps something will come of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:

That was my goal. I wasn't exactly sure what deadlines to use, but after checking my schedule, it ended up fitting in perfectly within the 'Bundle Up' Math Trade timeline.

Are you suggesting it would be okay to have an item listed in both math trades? In that case, if I have a smaller game listed as a sweeter (or option) in a larger bundle (in the "bundle up" math trade" & also here, what would I do if it ends up being traded here? Something doesn't feel right about that (or maybe I'm misreading the above comments...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jepp wrote:
aksosa wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:

Are you suggesting it would be okay to have an item listed in both math trades? In that case, if I have a smaller game listed as a sweeter (or option) in a larger bundle (in the "bundle up" math trade" & also here, what would I do if it ends up being traded here? Something doesn't feel right about that (or maybe I'm misreading the above comments...

After this trade ends, I'm going to post an item into the "big" trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jepp wrote:
aksosa wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:

In a nutshell, this math trade completely finishes up on the 28th, so if your item doesn't trade here, you'll still have time to add it to the 'Bundle' math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh! $20! Why couldn't it be 21$!?

I was hoping to put Terra Nova into this one, but it's selling for $20.50 at the cheapest! So close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about item number 135, Diplomacy.

I'm wondering if I should delete it as it's value new is higher, but perceived value is far lower. I bought it on ebay for $21 but the seller failed to tell me of missing pieces. I've since replaced them. I can't imagine anyone paying more than $20 ($10 for that matter), but perceived value isn't an entirely fair metric to submit games by.

I doubt it will trade, but I don't want to be problematic and will remove it from the list if people think it shouldn't be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just my personal opinion but... I think you are splitting pennies. List your 20.50 game and your 21.00 game. Trust me... there is always someone in the world who will say it is worth less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
jepp wrote:
aksosa wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
Howitzer_120mm wrote:

After this trade ends, I'm going to post an item into the "big" trade.

Oh, that makes sense (sorry for the confusion)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kdiddy13 wrote:

I was hoping to put Terra Nova into this one, but it's selling for $20.50 at the cheapest! So close.

Go for it. Who says that you have to always round up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aksosa wrote:
kdiddy13 wrote:

Go for it. Who says that you have to always round up?
Plus it's been opened? Thanks for the ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.