Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions:

I have 22 french counters. How many should I have? Is this a full list of all the leaders: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/34097? Either I didn't get a a Louis de Dampierre counter with my game (unlikely), or it is hiding somewhere (likely). Would someone be so kind as to describe the information on that counter (what region he`s from, what his stats are, and who is on the other side of the counter)?

Second, am I right to assume that the leaders with black numbers for battle and bravery are the ones used in the "100 year war scenario", and the white numbered leaders are the ones used in the "lion in winter" scenario?

I can't find this in the rules, but judging from this geekfile --http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/34097 -- it seems to be the case.

Thanks a million for any help.

EDIT: the answer to my second question is yes, it says so explicitly in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Front and center here:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I should have checked the image gallery for just such a picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatchling wrote:

Second, am I right to assume that the leaders with black numbers for battle and bravery are the ones used in the "100 year war scenario", and the white numbered leaders are the ones used in the "lion in winter" scenario?

Not sure if it's that way or the other way around, but you should be able to tell by the scenario set-up instructions.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember exactly where in the rules it is, might be under the section describing the pieces but yes you are correct, the black numbers are for 100 Years War scenario and white are for Lion in Winter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel K
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shane Sather wrote:
I can't remember exactly where in the rules it is, might be under the section describing the pieces but yes you are correct, the black numbers are for 100 Years War scenario and white are for Lion in Winter.

Back page of the rules, very last paragraph of 16.1 (incredibly easy to read right past without seeing it, even when you are looking).

I have no idea why it wasn't added to the player aid or simply given more prominence in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joel. For some strange reason, each time I read that page I managed to blank on that key sentence.

I must say that the rule book for this game is superb. I can't imagine a better piece of writing for a game. I laughed out loud a number of times -- and laughing is pretty much the very last thing I feel like doing normally when I read rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge