Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: I tried the new Wendy’s Deluxe Bacon sandwich for lunch... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
...and thought it was pretty good. I like it much better than their "Baconator". I don’t know what is wrong with the Baconator -- you’d think a burger with that much bacon on it could only be accompanied by a side dish of awesome, but it somehow falls flat for me. Perhaps the ratio of beef patty to bacon strips is too high.

But I digress. I tried the single size of the Deluxe Bacon sandwich combo, with everything, and was very pleased by it. The person in back building the burger used an excess of ketchup (perhaps he thought I was in need of ketchup’s natural mellowing agents), but I was able to counteract the excess by wiping it off with my fries. This sandwich is much more like a regular bacon cheeseburger, which may be why I liked it so much.

So, Wendy’s now has two sandwiches that are bacon-enhanced, and given the choice, I will now be ordering the Deluxe. (Although I wonder, where is the Ordinary bacon sandwich? Perhaps that would be the Junior Bacon Cheeseburger?) I added a side of small "chili" (actually, it’s chili-flavored bean chowder, but that’s a rant for another day) to go with my combo, and it was all good, baby.

(Edited because font controls don't seem to work in the title line.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
now I'm hungry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That is NOT bacon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the in-store advertising said it was thick-cut "applewood smoked bacon" on both sandwiches. The bacon tasted and sandwich tasted fine to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah, now I have to go to Five Guys for lunch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.