Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No one commented on this yet?

donaldx wrote:
the ruins of the 7th expansion.

More interesting Dominion cards are always welcome but I sincerely hope that they will improve the packaging in future expansions. A simple box used to hold CCG cards with Dominion theming and separators would be great for space saving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one mentioned it, because it's old news. It was in the first behind the scenes on the original game.

And might have been higher than 7 at that point, I don't quite remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's all well and good, but when is the next set coming out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Lansdowne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Chrisxny wrote:

Yeah, I'm almost finished playing each of the 1.2 trillion combinations, and I'm wondering the same thing myself.

Let's see, by my calculations, the number of combinations I have left to try is about... 1.2 trillion. Yep, almost done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
weasel47 wrote:
Chrisxny wrote:

Yeah, I'm almost finished playing each of the 1.2 trillion combinations, and I'm wondering the same thing myself.

Let's see, by my calculations, the number of combinations I have left to try is about... 1.2 trillion. Yep, almost done.

The human mind gets a certain enjoyment out of waiting for something good in the future. I know I've been happily waiting for seaside since the day I got Intrigue despite the fact that I don't feel close to having explored the depth of that set even today. Now I've got Seaside but nothing to look forward to...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaelistus wrote:
weasel47 wrote:
Chrisxny wrote:

The human mind gets a certain enjoyment out of waiting for something good in the future. I know I've been happily waiting for seaside since the day I got Intrigue despite the fact that I don't feel close to having explored the depth of that set even today. Now I've got Seaside but nothing to look forward to...
Dominion: Burger Joint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Flurie
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I had a feeling that the original Lookout put the third card into the player's hand. Did you test it without the +Action, or was it just too wimpy without it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirkwb
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yudp wrote:
donaldx wrote:

Navigator: Originally this didn't let you reorder the cards, but I thought that would be something the developers would want changed, since they'd behaved similarly on similar stuff. You know, so you don't have to carefully keep the order the same. Anyway they didn't actually complain about this one but I changed it to let you reorder the cards anyway. It makes the card marginally more powerful.

Yes, in fact, I'm a bit surprised we weren't more cantankerous about this card either. But in the end, it's my favorite card in the set. The best looking one by far as well.

Dale

Won't you get in trouble if the Explorer hears you say that?

(that or the Explorer is not who I think it is...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
flizzo wrote:
I had a feeling that the original Lookout put the third card into the player's hand.

It doesn't surprise me either. In fact, the first time I played with Lookout I was mistakenly putting the third card in my hand. It was very nice that way. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome post, Donald X! I love how you just casually say, "but that fits with the 4th Expansion." You ever feel like you're printing your own money?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kunsemiller
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Mischievous Hobbes is Mischievous
mbmbmbmbmb
Peristarkawan wrote:
flizzo wrote:
I had a feeling that the original Lookout put the third card into the player's hand.

It doesn't surprise me either. In fact, the first time I played with Lookout I was mistakenly putting the third card in my hand. It was very nice that way. whistle

I thought that was funny as well. We misplayed this first time too, and had baron out in the set, so I was using lookout to get to my estate or baron to get +4 treasure with pretty much every turn, it was insane. After buying my 3rd province on my 6th turn, the whole group was having mumblings about that combination being insane and then we realized that we had been misplaying lookout.

The combination of a targeted card draw with deck thinning was crazy cool. I do like the idea of "+1 action, look at the next 3 cards, put one in your hand and discard the rest" but it's pretty similar to other stuff out there, just limits your discarding to the 3 cards you looked at, etc. Plus, without the thinning it's not nearly as powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks Donald

I loved the part about having to reword outpost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Leung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd love to say my thanks here, too.
Just played it for almost 8 hours yesterday. Life-changing game! :)

Just a side question:
Did any pirate ship hits 6 coins in a 4-player playtesting game when a player uses it the second time (around turn 6-8)? It seems to amplify the turn-order problem a lot (mentioned in the strategy forum in original Dominion) that the last person to use pirate ship ends up with fewer coins.

Anyway it was quite an experience to have my deck completely drained out of treasure (and unable to get new one since player 2, 3 still trying to loot) and while the player who started first grabs a Province everytime his 6-coin pirate ship shows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theatog wrote:
I'd love to say my thanks here, too.
Just played it for almost 8 hours yesterday. Life-changing game!

Just a side question:
Did any pirate ship hits 6 coins in a 4-player playtesting game when a player uses it the second time (around turn 6-8)? It seems to amplify the turn-order problem a lot (mentioned in the strategy forum in original Dominion) that the last person to use pirate ship ends up with fewer coins.

Anyway it was quite an experience to have my deck completely drained out of treasure (and unable to get new one since player 2, 3 still trying to loot) and while the player who started first grabs a Province everytime his 6-coin pirate ship shows up.

Do you know that you can only get one coin on your pirate ship each time you play it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Leung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yea i was reading it again. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donaldx wrote:
Fishing Village: This was temporarily in the 3rd expansion. When I decided I wasn't just going to put "next turn" stuff everywhere, it moved here. For most of its life it gave you +2 actions next turn (and was otherwise the same). This was a card the developers cited as too good, and I just nudged it down by dropping it to +1 action next turn. It makes it worse in the situations where it was at its best. It is still plenty popular as is.

I like the symmetry of the Fishing Village in that you net the same benefit on this turn and the next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan O'Donnell
United Kingdom
Brockenhurst
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyProle wrote:
I like the symmetry of the Fishing Village in that you net the same benefit on this turn and the next.
Ouch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Woolever
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I plead innocent. That terrible pun was not intentional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
HappyProle wrote:

That's what they all say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sargent
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
HappyProle wrote:

I dunno, that excuse sounds fishy to me. What's your angle? Are you trolling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
noon wrote:
HappyProle wrote:

Don't bait him, he's already reeling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Wight
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
noon wrote:
HappyProle wrote:

Holy Mackerel! What a crappie pun. Have you no sole?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
TattooedOni wrote:
noon wrote:
HappyProle wrote:

Holy Mackerel! What a crappie pun. Have you no sole?

Now there's no reason to take that line. I think we should tackle this like adults instead of just letting the insults fly. (Although I must confess I'm hooked on this thread.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |