United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
OK,

I have found the solution to NON-Responsive traders.

OFFER GG to members which respond to trades just as the GEEKMOD works.

More people might use it.

I do appreciate the trade lists in the trade forums, but you'd figure if a person has a game on the trade list...at least tell me the trade stinks.

Just an option....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Open to abuse. If you want GG, just get someone to trade offers with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:

Make it a token amount. Actually, find the right amount that is small enough to not be worth the trouble to abuse the system and large enough to give one just that tiny nudge needed to respond.
And/or cap the amount that can be earned this way to nn.nn GG per day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
Actually, find the right amount that is small enough to not be worth the trouble to abuse the system and large enough to give one just that tiny nudge needed to respond.

There is no amount small enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Once this idea ever gets enacted, I have a copy of Advanced Civ., Outpost, Talisman Dragons, Big Boss, and McMulti for trade. I will answer all trade requests.

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is a non-responsive trader a big deal? (I'm assuming by "non-responsive" you mean "They didn't bother to reject my trade" not "They accepted my trade and then didn't go through with it.) I just assume if someone doesn't respond to my trade request they're either too busy (not everyone logs into BGG every day!) or are giving me an implicit "no, thanks".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the easiest solution is to have a "trade status" in the profile. The choices available would be "available for trading", "won't answer any offer", etc... People are just too lazy to remove all their items from the trade list, but if it's just a single togglable status then they'll do it.

Although you can do it manually right now by adding a line like that in your description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Shelton
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterb12 wrote:
Why is a non-responsive trader a big deal? (I'm assuming by "non-responsive" you mean "They didn't bother to reject my trade" not "They accepted my trade and then didn't go through with it.) I just assume if someone doesn't respond to my trade request they're either too busy (not everyone logs into BGG every day!) or are giving me an implicit "no, thanks".

It's not necessarily a "big deal" but it is annoying and easily avoided. It's kind of like the feeling you get when the company you interviewed with or the college you applied to never bothers to give you a decision one way or the other. Even a "no thanks" at least brings closure and you are free to pursue other options with that knowledge in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterb12 wrote:

It is a big deal because the trades stay open in the system for several days. Often, there are several trades that I might be interested in making, but I don't want to make conflicting trade offers and end up having multiple people accept similar trade offers.

It isn't hard to reject trade offers, so it would just be nice if people would reject them rather than just let them fester.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heartbreak, you know, drives a big, black car. Swear I was in the backseat just minding my own..
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
You should handle offers the same way lawyers handle questions in court: Never make an offer you don't already know the answer to.

Negotiate first by messaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:
Rokkr wrote:

Make it a token amount. Actually, find the right amount that is small enough to not be worth the trouble to abuse the system and large enough to give one just that tiny nudge needed to respond.
And/or cap the amount that can be earned this way to nn.nn GG per day.

Take the amount out of the offering person's account, making it zero-sum. Large or small wouldn't matter anymore.

Even at 0.01 GG, if you are creating it out of thin air, 10 lines of ruby and two sock puppets will be able crash the GG market via inflation in a small amount of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.