Popular Tags: wotw [+] [View All]
Chris M.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hereby pass it on...

Quote:
Hello! Thank you for making me Wolf of the Week!

Here's the compulsory background. I was born in Hereford, in England (towards the southern end of the Welsh border), to an English father and a Welsh mother. It's a nice rural part of the world, famous for beef and cider. I support England's football team and Wales's rugby team, which confuses people sometimes.

I moved to Cambridge in 1995 and haven't left yet. I failed maths and physics at the posh university everyone's heard of, but was able to inveigle my way into a part-time Masters degree in computer science at the other university across town which no-one really talks about. I've spent the last ten years working for an economic consultancy - I was only hired to keep the computers running, but it's a small company with too much work and thin walls, so I've managed to get involved with pretty much everything the company does. Which is nice.

I used to be quite seriously into competitive computer games: mainly Quake and Quake 3, less so Warcraft and Starcraft. The friends I met at university were also into computer games and board games, or were weak-willed enough to be indoctrinated. We still all play board games fairly regularly (Arkham Horror, Puerto Rico, and Settlers are favourites) and are looking forward to the release of Starcraft 2, but at the moment my first gaming choice for a Saturday afternoon is to get a few beers in and get enough people round my house to play Rock Band.

I became aware of BoardGameGeek several years ago, as a lurker browsing for reviews, session reports, and the odd rules clarification. However, that isn't how I came across Werewolf! I also play a bit of online poker, and saw that some games of Werewolf were linked from a sticky thread in one of the small stakes forums on Two Plus Two. I loved the idea, and googled my way to Cassandra. And here I am!

Two truths and a lie:

1. I once won a poker tournament which had over three thousand entrants.
2. I have the world's highest Rock Band score on solo vocals for "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads.
3. On Friday night, I wore eleven layers of clothing on my upper body.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Morphine
msg tools
mb
Congrats! If #2 isn't the lie, I demand a youtube link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
davidenkinderen wrote:
Congrats! If #2 isn't the lie, I demand a youtube link.

Thank you! This is ace.

I can't give you a youtube link either way, I'm afraid 8^(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Mauve! Do you play Arkham Horror with any of the expansions? If so, which ones? Which are your favorites and which combination of expansions do you think works best?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
woodjh wrote:
Congrats Mauve! Do you play Arkham Horror with any of the expansions? If so, which ones? Which are your favorites and which combination of expansions do you think works best?

Hi!

I'm a bit of an Arkham Horror nut - I own every published Arkham Horror expansion, and I believe I was one of the very first people in Europe to own "The Black Goat of the Woods" as someone very kindly posted me a pre-release copy from an American gaming convention (at ludicrous expense). I've also just taken delivery of a set of these cool dice: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/576847. I only got Innsmouth Horror a fortnight or so ago, so that's what we're playing at the moment.

I really like the flavour and mechanics of The King in Yellow (I'm a huge fan of the book too), Dunwich, and Innsmouth (so far). I'm not so sold on Goat, Dark Pharaoh, or Kingsport, although they all have nice elements. I think what I like best about Dunwich is that it's a roughly 50:50 mix of Dunwich and "lots of other stuff from rural settings" - I like the "Colour out of Space" location, for example. I also like that when you play just King in Yellow, the item balance is completely transformed (good luck getting weapons, for example). I've never played with 2 or more town expansions at once. I reckon Dunwich Horror + KiY or (despite what I just said) Dunwich + Goat would work well if you wanted to combine 2 expansions. Items can get lumped in from as many expansions as you like, of course - this makes spells in particular a bit more unpredictable.

Can I ask questions too? Are you a fan of Arkham Horror, the Mythos, HP Lovecraft, et cetera, and so on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Mauve wrote:

Can I ask questions too? Are you a fan of Arkham Horror, the Mythos, HP Lovecraft, et cetera, and so on?

Of course you can! It's your week!

I LOVE the game. Absolutely adore it. I'm a fan of the mythos, but haven't read all that much Lovecraft...just a handful of short stories. But I do love what I've read.

I own every expansion available, but sadly have only played the base game. It's a little heavier than my usual group likes to play, so it doesn't get to the table as often.. soblue Which is why I was interested in your preferred expansion(s). When it does hit the table next, I'm going to try an expansion or two and wanted to make sure we maximized the fun quotient since AH tabletime is so limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
woodjh wrote:
Mr Mauve wrote:

Of course you can! It's your week!

I LOVE the game. Absolutely adore it. I'm a fan of the mythos, but haven't read all that much Lovecraft...just a handful of short stories. But I do love what I've read.

I own every expansion available, but sadly have only played the base game. It's a little heavier than my usual group likes to play, so it doesn't get to the table as often.. soblue Which is why I was interested in your preferred expansion(s). When it does hit the table next, I'm going to try an expansion or two and wanted to make sure we maximized the fun quotient since AH tabletime is so limited.

Okay! Well, in that case, here is my REAL answer: Play with the Innsmouth board, pick any investigators from any expansion, pick any Great Old One you like the look of which you think offers a decent challenge during the game but some chance of winning via final battle (bearing in mind that the Kingsport and Innsmouth ones are SAVAGE), use the Personal Stories from Innsmouth, the Injury and Madness cards from Dunwich, and the Epic Battle cards from Kingsport. All these things are fun but don't add undue complexity. The King in Yellow Herald is also fun, but a bastard. You can add Hypnos or Nodens as a Guardian if you think that you may be overdoing the difficulty but can handle even more stuff on the table.

Depending on how hr4dcr0e your gaming buddies are and how much they care about winning and/or flavour, steer the conversation towards what an insignificant speck is Man, or towards how good the Shotgun is with high Fight and/or many clue tokens. I tend to milk the futility of human existence / overwhelming cosmic evil of the Mythos angle myself, though I do have at least one powergaming friend who will be trying to "win" by becoming First Citizen of Arkham.

Catchphrases can also help with the establishment of an atmosphere of futility. For example, if someone is Lost In Time And Space at the end of the Other World Encounter phase, it is customary for the first player to leave a finely-judged pause before saying "That's the end of the good news" and drawing a Mythos card.

Enjoy 8^)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, that is just FANTASTIC! Thank You!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What makes the perfect WW game?

Which super villain are you?
( http://www.thesuperheroquiz.com/villain/)

If you knew today was your last day on earth, what would you do different?

How many cavities have you had?

What makes you say in a game, "I gotta sign up for this!"?

What do you think of me?

What do you think I think of you?

If you were a mental illness what mental illness would you be?

What did you have for breakfast?

Favorite color?

Who is buried in Grant's tomb?

What question do you NOT want to be asked?

What's the answer to it?

What is the answer to this question?

What three questions do you want to be asked? What's the answer to them?

Is there anything you'd like to see more of in games? Why?

If you were given a book containing instructions on how to fold yourself up in an umbrella, what would you do with it?

What is your favorite emoticon?

If you could add any emoticon to BGG, what would it be?

Why is luthien your favorite werewolf player?

If Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Zedong were running for president, what would you like to see in the presidential debates? Who would you vote for (and you've got no other choice)?

When are you coming to BGG con?

How tall are you?

Should I grow a bonzai? A beard?

Is this a question.

What do your friends and family think of werewolf?

If you die and go to Hell, what's the first thing you expect to hear?

What should be done to old WotWs who have unanswered questions in their threads and have yet to reveal their truths and a lie?

What is your favorite game to play with your friends?

Could the above question have been answered if I had read your bio?

How did you find boardgamegeek?

How did you find werewolf?

Favorite movie?

What's the weirdest thing about you?

What is your greatest fear about dying? In general?

If you were starving to death and had to eat your cat, would you eat it with hard or soft taco shells?

If you were going to be executed, how would you prefer it to be done?

If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go?

Do you have a new WotW lined up, or are we going to have to hold a semi-anonymous election for letters of the alphabet again?

When you buy bananas, do you put them in the little bags provided?

If you and dccorrin got in a fistfight who would win?

How often do you swear?

How many beans make five?

UFOs- real or not real?

Haunted houses- real or not real?

What's really going on in the Bermuda Triangle?

Are you a conspiracy theorist?

Who are your werewolf role models?

Too many questions?

Am I bored, drunk, or neither?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Hi! I'm SelenA. Please don't kill me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Mr. Mauve!

What word would you use to describe werewolf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Oh my goodness!

Redhawke wrote:
Too many questions? Getting towards, I think, but we'll see.

What makes the perfect WW game? I'm in two minds here. I'm still getting to grips with the basics, and I think there's enough depth in basic games to keep playing them for a long time. However, I do like it when the mod has a surprise up his sleeve: Evil Mod 33 1/3 was fun to play, and Doom was fun to read (for when the squads worked out that they all had an extra man, a real aliens-in-the-ceiling moment).

Which super villain are you?
( http://www.thesuperheroquiz.com/villain/) I am VENOM! Strength, disguise and adrenaline are my greatest weapons: http://mrmauve.com/venom.html. It's a close-run thing, though. Riddler and Joker are also possibles.

If you knew today was your last day on earth, what would you do different? I think I'd have left work by now (though I may well have turned up to say goodbye). I think I'd go and visit my folks. I would try every way I knew to make everyone on the train happy.

How many cavities have you had? Loads 8^( 8-10 I think.

What makes you say in a game, "I gotta sign up for this!"? Theme and a GMT-friendly lynch time.

What do you think of me? Charmingly unpredictable in a way which is handy when Evil and gets you killed when Good.

What do you think I think of you? Speedbump, possibly roadkill.

If you were a mental illness what mental illness would you be? Some sort of anxious distractedness syndrome.

What did you have for breakfast? Not a healthy option - sausage inna bun with brown sauce, and a cappuccino, when I got into work. The local café has just been taken over by the Italians and the coffee, once good, is now superb.

Favorite color? Caesious

Who is buried in Grant's tomb? Is this a pub quiz question? I don't know this one! Is it "Grant"? A cab dropped me off there when I was visiting a friend at Columbia. It was late at night, and two students were playing frisbee.

What question do you NOT want to be asked? Shouldn't you be working?

What's the answer to it? YES!

What is the answer to this question? An incomplete sentence.

What three questions do you want to be asked? What's the answer to them? This is the toughest question of all, I think. Something along the lines of: what happens after you die, how do we improve worldwide standards of living in a sustainable way, and what does it really mean to be happy. I don't know the answers to any of those but we could have a good chat about them.

Is there anything you'd like to see more of in games? Why? Free-floating alliances and back-stabbing. To prevent dominant alliances, heavy penalties for territorial over-extension. Because they're FUN!

If you were given a book containing instructions on how to fold yourself up in an umbrella, what would you do with it? I'd carefully check the back for instructions on how to unfold myself from an umbrella.

What is your favorite emoticon? T.T is cute

If you could add any emoticon to BGG, what would it be? :facepalm:

Why is luthien your favorite werewolf player? I have an uncanny sense that the best is yet to come from our games together.

If Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Zedong were running for president, what would you like to see in the presidential debates? Who would you vote for (and you've got no other choice)? This is topical - I'm going to assume you mean the first President of the European Council. I would plant an audience member to congratulate them for what they did to Tony Blair, and I'd vote for the one who winked.

When are you coming to BGG con? What's BGG con? Is it good? Is it miles away? Probably never.

How tall are you? Not very! Five foot seven.

Should I grow a bonzai? A beard? Yes, and yes.

Is this a question. No?

What do your friends and family think of werewolf? I don't think my family have any idea it exists. Some of my friends think it looks great fun but haven't tried it yet. One was put off it for life by her first game. Most are waiting for me to get over it and move on.

If you die and go to Hell, what's the first thing you expect to hear? "Ha ha!" in the style of Nelson Muntz.

What should be done to old WotWs who have unanswered questions in their threads and have yet to reveal their truths and a lie? Nothing brutal, just bump the threads!

What is your favorite game to play with your friends? Rock Band 2 just now. Arkham Horror if it has to be a board game.

Could the above question have been answered if I had read your bio? YES, and the two below!

How did you find boardgamegeek? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=puerto+rico+strategy or something broadly similar

How did you find werewolf? Browsing for poker tips. True story.

Favorite movie? The Big Lebowski is very good. I'll go with that just now.

What's the weirdest thing about you? I can triple-roll my tongue. Also, perhaps I haven't been trying hard enough, but I've never met anyone who agrees with me that there's nothing morally wrong with instantaneously destroying the Earth and everything on it.

What is your greatest fear about dying? In general? That it'll hurt and I won't be able to make it stop? Someone revealing that they know what I'm really like and that they're going to tell everyone.

If you were starving to death and had to eat your cat, would you eat it with hard or soft taco shells? I don't know what either of those are like! A moggy burrito could work.

If you were going to be executed, how would you prefer it to be done? Under one of those general anaesthetics that makes you giggle before you black out.

If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go? Some sort of combination of the Scottish Highlands and the area surrounding the Bay of Naples would be nice. I like mountains and vistas and ripples and history and friendly people and good food and Italian.

Do you have a new WotW lined up, or are we going to have to hold a semi-anonymous election for letters of the alphabet again? I can think of at least one player who is newer than me, has played more games than me, and hasn't been WotW yet. Shouldn't be a problem.

When you buy bananas, do you put them in the little bags provided? No WAY.

If you and dccorrin got in a fistfight who would win? I think dcorrin. I'll take on all comers in a running-away fight though.

How often do you swear? Often!

How many beans make five? Five beans

UFOs- real or not real? Real

Haunted houses- real or not real? Fake ones are real, real ones aren't

What's really going on in the Bermuda Triangle? Convection

Are you a conspiracy theorist? I don't think so, but I'm not sure I ever want to find out how countries really actually get run in real life.

Who are your werewolf role models? Gregarius pretty much dominated the first game I played, and it's difficult to forget that. jmilum is intimidating too. We need to distract him from the code thing though.

Am I bored, drunk, or neither? By now, I think probably bored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
_SelenA_ wrote:
Congrats Mr. Mauve!

What word would you use to describe werewolf?

"Werewolf".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you eat an Oreo cookie?
Boxers or Briefs?
Did you pick the name Mauve because it sounds like Suave, so I would always think of you as that suave mauve guy?
Is it a burden to be genial all the time?
Do you think lolcats are amusing?
What indispensable tool would you have on you at all times if you were a known international man of mystery [and if I just blew your cover .. opps?]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Valkerie32 wrote:
Boxers or Briefs?
Did you pick the name Mauve because it sounds like Suave, so I would always think of you as that suave mauve guy?
What indispensable tool would you have on you at all times if you were a known international man of mystery [and if I just blew your cover .. opps?]

I will return to this once I'm back in front of a computer. In the meantime, I've tried to get my suave on IMoM-style in my avatar, but it's tough in 64x64. There's a bow tie, a glass of champagne, and a beautiful woman in that picture, I promise you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pragmatically turning whims into principles
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I've never met anyone who agrees with me that there's nothing morally wrong with instantaneously destroying the Earth and everything on it.

I don't think there's anything morally wrong with doing that if you've been authorized by the proper athurities to do so.

Quote:
This is the toughest question of all, I think. Something along the lines of: what happens after you die, how do we improve worldwide standards of living in a sustainable way, and what does it really mean to be happy. I don't know the answers to any of those but we could have a good chat about them.

Oh, why not...
What happens after you die?
How do we improve worldwide standards of living in a sustainable way?
What does it really mean to be happy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Congratulations.

What is your favourite song?

Favourite genre?

Favourite band/artist?

ninja or robot?

zombie or arrrh?

arrrh or zombie or robot or ninja?

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smell the Spud
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats, Mauve!

Did you ever consider the nickname Purplish Taupe before you settled on Mauve?

Soup or salad?

Baked potato or chips/fries?

Favorite time of year?

Which is the more important invention: the electric clothes iron or the electric skillet?

Can you do any tricks with a yo-yo?

Do you own a Frisbee?

If you had to live somewhere in the southern hemisphere, where would it be?

Van Gogh or Dali?

Of the 50 United States, which of them has your favorite name?

If you had to change your occupation to one unrelated to your current one, what would it be?

Cats or dogs?

Ever go mountain climbing?

How about spelunking (caving?)

What's the best documentary film you can recall seeing?

For the truths and the lie... hmmm.... I'm going to say it's #3, that you only wore 10 layers
Have a great week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Mr Mauve wrote:
Valkerie32 wrote:
Boxers or Briefs?

I will return to this once I'm back in front of a computer. In the meantime, I've tried to get my suave on IMoM-style in my avatar, but it's tough in 64x64. There's a bow tie, a glass of champagne, and a beautiful woman in that picture, I promise you.

Anyway:

I never have! My closest points of reference are Custard Creams and Bourbon biscuits, I think. I try to prise one layer off with my teeth (twisting is cheating), and eat off the cream.

Boxers.

I don't think it does, but that's a happy side-effect.

It is, but one must soldier on. No-one must ever know... the pain inside...

They can be! Many aren't. Once you've seen a lot, you need something a bit different - that's part of why "Emo Bath" is so good, I think.

I would have a NINJA STAR and one arm is a corkscrew and one arm is a bottle-opener and one arm is one of those things for getting stones out of horses' hooves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Dekal wrote:
Congratulations.

What is your favourite song? You must know how tough a question that is (witness that bit in High Fidelity where he decides to narrow it down to a top five and gets it completely wrong first time). The one I would want at my funeral would be a live recording of "You Can't Quit Me Baby" by the Queens of the Stone Age, were it not for the fact that the line "You're solid gold - I'll see you in Hell" might upset my surviving relatives.

Shit! That's the real answer to Redhawke's question - the first thing I will see when I get to Hell is Josh Homme saying "Hey buddy", before introducing his new band - the Antichrist on guitar, Colonel Sanders on drums, and Charlie Chaplin on bass.

Favourite genre? It's a blur centred about "Rock" with thick smears heading off toward "Metal" and "Alternative" but skirting the emo kids. But please, play as much hip-hop, drum and bass, and electronica as you like. And crooners. And anything Baroque. It's all good.

Favourite band/artist? I pretty much have to say QOTSA now.

ninja or robot?

ninjaninjaninja are totally sweet!

zombie or arrrh? zombie

arrrharrrharrrh are totally lame!

arrrh or zombie or robot or ninja?

ninja! REAL ULTIMATE POWER!

meeple Sure. Whatever THAT means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Spud wrote:
Grats, Mauve!

Did you ever consider the nickname Purplish Taupe before you settled on Mauve? Of course not. That would be silly.

Soup or salad? Depends. They can both be ace. I've had sensational pumpkin soup and foodgasmic gorgonzola pear and pancetta salad.

Baked potato or chips/fries? One's a meal, one's an accompaniment! "Cheese 'n' beans jacket" is a great lunch when I'm running or circuit training of an evening. I wouldn't have one with a burger, though!

Favorite time of year? If we could somehow mix autumn colours with spring sunsets, that would be "well nice".

Which is the more important invention: the electric clothes iron or the electric skillet? I hear electric clothes irons are handy! I had to Google "electric skillet". I had visions of a battery-powered frying pan for camping, which would be fantastic.

Can you do any tricks with a yo-yo? I can walk the dog, but frankly, who can't?

Do you own a Frisbee? I do! And an Aerobie!

If you had to live somewhere in the southern hemisphere, where would it be? I think New Zealand might be good. Mountains, rugby, wine, and enough rain to keep me from getting homesick.

Van Gogh or Dali? Dali! Not sure I'm a fan of all the sculptures of women as chests of drawers, though.

Of the 50 United States, which of them has your favorite name? "Pennsylvania" is nice. I also like the bit in Police Squad where the criminal has "Penn State" on the front of his sweatshirt and "State Pen" on the back.

If you had to change your occupation to one unrelated to your current one, what would it be? Failed actor and sandwich-maker

Cats or dogs? Cats. It must be time to end the dog experiment. It was cruel, but we didn't know what we were doing.

Ever go mountain climbing? Nothing involving ice-picks or crampons, but I like hill-walking. I've been up Snowdon and Vesuvius, and I went to the foot of Ben Nevis but the weather was off 8^( Cruelly, Snowdon offers the longest uninterrupted view anywhere in the British Isles, but it's also the rainiest place and is often covered in clouds.

How about spelunking (caving?) On a school trip. Not sure I liked the enclosed spaces too much!

What's the best documentary film you can recall seeing? Argh, that's tough. All the factual I can call to mind has been books - film and TV are so SLOW. I should have seen Age of Stupid by now but haven't. I'm going to have to pass on this one, I think.

Oh, no, I've got one! The Aristocrats

For the truths and the lie... hmmm.... I'm going to say it's #3, that you only wore 10 layers As if I'd be that sneaky!

Have a great week! Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sneaky evilish piece of chlorophyl
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Congrats!

Favorite and least favorite WW roles?

Favorite game you've played in?

Hidden roles, yay or nay?

Theme(s) you'd really like to see in a WW game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Leaves wrote:
Congrats!

Favorite and least favorite WW roles? Haven't been wolf enough yet! I think I might be one of nature's Reverse Role Seers, or one of those brutals who can kill people who voted for them, as I don't have much trouble getting people to vote for me in general!

Favorite game you've played in? Kingdom of the Blind.

Hidden roles, yay or nay? In moderation! A few hidden characters with unknown powers spices things up a bit.

Theme(s) you'd really like to see in a WW game? Have we done Call of Cthulhu? Investigators and Cultists? Or... how about Chaos in the Old World - murderous cultists of Slaanesh with seduction powers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, it's a rehash of a previous theme but today is the day to do it! So the theme is Halloween! goo again.

Do you dress up?

What is your favorite costume you have ever worn?

What is your dream costume?

What is the best costume you have seen someone else wear?

How old were you when you last trick or treated?

Do you pass out candy for trick or treaters?

What is your favorite halloween candy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Rooke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
miraria wrote:
Ok, it's a rehash of a previous theme but today is the day to do it! So the theme is Halloween! goo again.

Do you dress up? NO

What is your favorite costume you have ever worn? Count von Glowing-Nipples. That's basically me, in normal clothes, with 2 glow-in-the-dark stars on my chest. That's about the level of effort I'm prepared to put in. Once I really pushed the boat out and went to a party as Hugh Hefner. That's basically me but in a dressing gown. One guy said "shouldn't you be in a wheelchair?".

What is your dream costume? "I put on my robe and wizard hat..."

What is the best costume you have seen someone else wear? Santa's Sexy Helper was very popular round my way last Christmas.

How old were you when you last trick or treated? I'm honestly not sure I've ever done that. Low single digits if I have.

Do you pass out candy for trick or treaters? HELLS NO. I'll be locking the door and drawing the curtains.

What is your favorite halloween candy? I like Terry's chocolate oranges, Lindor balls, and Mars bars. I dislike Hallowe'en.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hickory
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to belabor the Arkham Horror questions....

But...do you ever play it solo? If so, what config have you found that works best? (most fun)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.