Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions:
1 - Attacking units stop at the line before entering the space they are attacking. If they win the battle they are not forced to go into that place. They can go to the place they were before the attack. Correct?
If not, an overstack (4 units) can occur.

2 - Although it is more or less clear: the decks are separated? One side has 1 deck and the other another one. This is not stated on rules.

3 - The number of SP loss is what determines a great victory (4 or 5), and not the actual number of inflicted losses, correct? If I inflict 4 SP losses but the opponent only can take 2 I will win 1VP for a great victory.

I have some more questions, but I don't remember them at the moment. I will put them here after reading the rules again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Żak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brainst0rm wrote:
1 - Attacking units stop at the line before entering the space they are attacking. If they win the battle they are not forced to go into that place. They can go to the place they were before the attack. Correct? If not, an overstack (4 units) can occur.

Attacker (if win) must enter attacked space with at least one attacking unit. Rest of attacking units can enter that space or leave at space they were before the attack.

If overstacking occurs in any situation during the game - overstacked unist must be destroyed totally (removed from the game).

brainst0rm wrote:
2 - Although it is more or less clear: the decks are separated? One side has 1 deck and the other another one. This is not stated on rules.

Yes. There is one Polish deck (55 cards) and one Soviet (55 cards).

brainst0rm wrote:
3 - The number of SP loss is what determines a great victory (4 or 5), and not the actual number of inflicted losses, correct? If I inflict 4 SP losses but the opponent only can take 2 I will win 1VP for a great victory.

Great victory bonus (+1 VP) is gained only when defeated opponent inflicted in fact - 4 or 5 SP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
rzak wrote:

Great victory bonus (+1 VP) is gained only when defeated opponent inflicted in fact - 4 or 5 SP.

And I presume this includes the effects of all battlecards as well? So if you have 8SP and you play "Artillery Heavy Fire" you inflict a 4SP loss in total; if you won the battle you would also get the VP (assuming the loser had 4+ SPs to lose in the battle), even though you didn't reach the 13-17 space in the combat resolution chart. Have I got this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Żak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Salo sila wrote:
rzak wrote:

And I presume this includes the effects of all battlecards as well? So if you have 8SP and you play "Artillery Heavy Fire" you inflict a 4SP loss in total; if you won the battle you would also get the VP (assuming the loser had 4+ SPs to lose in the battle), even though you didn't reach the 13-17 space in the combat resolution chart. Have I got this right?

Yes. Exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.